1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC XV-NA77 ..... where is it?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Uzey, May 2, 2004.

1. Uzey

Uzey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have ordered this DVD player with Techtronics and have waited ages so far while it is being ordered from the manufacturer!
    Everybody else is selling it off and not re-stocking, is this DVD player not being made anymore? If not, does it have a replacement model out or coming?
    I wanted this one because it is the only DVD player to play DVD-RAM discs and output PAL progressive scan!
    Can anyone help?:confused: :confused:

2. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,265
    The nearest replacement will be the XV-512. It also does PS and will play just about everything, including DVD-RAM.

3. Uzey

Uzey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds interesting!
    Can you tell me where you got your info?
    Also, have JVC ceased production on this DVD player BEFORE it's replacement is released?

4. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,265
    Info is direct from JVC. I missed out a letter in the model by the way. It should be XV-N512. It is quite common for older models to be deleted first as it's usually impossible to shift remaining stock of older models after the new ones are launched. It's usually timed so that older models end just as the new ones come out but if a particular model gets a good review, they can often run out early.