Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by RMCF, Jan 7, 2001.
Query for a friend:
Is there a handset hack available for this machine?
Hope this is helpful
1) Make sure there is no disk in the tray.
2) Unplug mains AC
3) On the unit press and hold "play" and "open/close"
4) While holding these keys plug in mains power
5) Release these keys and test apears on the display
6) Press "3D-phonic"
7) Press menu twice on the remote
8) Display reads 000 5858 use down buttons to 000 to 02e
9) Change last 4 digits to the following
0000 for region free
0101 for region 1
0202 for region 2
10) Press enter on the remote
11) Press standby and wait 5 seconds
12) Press standby again and the player is now set to the region that u desire
this doesn't work for 523... I tried and didn't work.. Is there another one for xv-523???????
This will only work on early XV-522/523s. Later versions can't be hacked.
No handset hack for this, only for the very first JVC models (before 1998). This can only be modded via either a chip or service tool from a multiregion modder.
Separate names with a comma.