Question JVC X5000 vs Epson TW9300W

Jordan D

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'v had endless problems with a sony hw-40es so i'm gonna ditch it and upgrade. I have £3500 so these seem to be the best 2 in my range. I use my projector for watching tv shows like TWD and also as a display for my mac where i just do general stuff. from what i'v read the JVC is better but i'm worried about the input lag, i don't do any gaming at all and never will however i'm just wondering if the lag would be noticeable with anything else..... nothing irritates me more than when audio is out of sync with video, even if it's the tiniest amount, so this wouldn't be a factor would it? also would i get any lag using my mouse? this concern is probably the only thing holding me back.

Last edited:
both are excellent projectors and if you read the recently av review of the 9300 its suggesting its the best pj this side of £5k which i've been saying since last september

low lag time even for gaming so you really shouldn't have an issue

let me know if i can help you with one or the other

cheers

Allan

Cheers Allan! after watching some youtube videos the 9300 looks amazing so i think i'm gonna go with that. reading some comments in the av review, one person said they got dust blobs, should i be worried about that? and also how quiet is it?

I'v had endless problems with a sony hw-40es so i'm gonna ditch it and upgrade. I have £3500 so these seem to be the best 2 in my range. I use my projector for watching epic tv shows and also as a display for my mac where i just do general stuff. from what i'v read the JVC is better but i'm worried about the input lag, i don't do any gaming at all and never will however i'm just wondering if the lag would be noticeable with anything else..... nothing irritates me more than when audio is out of sync with video, even if it's the tiniest amount, so this wouldn't be a factor would it? also would i get any lag using my mouse? this concern is probably the only thing holding me back.

Surprised by your comment on the HW40.

Cheers Allan! after watching some youtube videos the 9300 looks amazing so i think i'm gonna go with that. reading some comments in the av review, one person said they got dust blobs, should i be worried about that? and also how quiet is it?

the Epson is not a sealed light path, only the LS models are, that said i've been selling Epson for 8 years and as yet i can't think of a customer who has been in touch with me regards dust blobs unless i've forgotten as it was that long ago

the projector is under warranty for 5 years anyway so i'd expect it to be covered, people also tend to forget to clean the filter out, I recommend every 100 hours (as its easy to remember) and takes 30 seconds to do

as i say if i can help you then please do get in touch, I can't see you not liking it tbh

Allan

Edit

on low fan I struggle to hear mine with no volume and can't hear it once the film starts, 3d brings the fan to high so it's audible but i rarely watch 3d anyway so it's not an issue for me

Last edited:
i bought a 9300W from Al 4 months ago - and I have almost 400 hours on it - I am delighted with it -from 4K blu ray, blu ray, amazon/netflix 4K HDR and big screen sports from sky (FI UHD looks amazing) all looks great. at the price and with the exceptional warranty it wants some beating.

I am sure the newer JVC X5500 is great as well but it is at least £1000 more money.

i bought a 9300W from Al 4 months ago - and I have almost 400 hours on it - I am delighted with it -from 4K blu ray, blu ray, amazon/netflix 4K HDR and big screen sports from sky (FI UHD looks amazing) all looks great. at the price and with the exceptional warranty it wants some beating.

I am sure the newer JVC X5500 is great as well but it is at least £1000 more money.
Awesome. I literally just bought the 9300 a few hours ago, i thought about the 5000 and even the 7000 but couldn't justify the price and risk of the input lag when i'm doing various stuff through my Imac, plus one or two other things i'v heard. also i have other financial commitments so for me to go for one of the JVCs i would of had to be 100 percent sure on them. so i think this one will suit me and in 3 years if i'm a bit richer (unlikely) then maybe i could go for a serious high end one, maybe even native 4k by then. thanks for the reply, wish me luck =)

you wont need luck you will love it

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom