JVC X5000 (RS400) lamp not turning on

NewtScamander

Novice Member
Got a bizarre issue with my model. Lamp LED started lighting up solid after 3500 hours or something, though the image was still darn good, so bought a new genuine lamp. Followed all instructions in the manual, replaced the lamp, but any time I turn the projector on, no light, then the POWER and LAMP LEDs blink red in tandem, along with the WARNING LED being solid red. Then I turn it off, and POWER and WARNING are solid red, while LAMP is blinking once (which the manual indicates that the lamp is not lighting up supposedly).

I removed the air filter, cleaned it and put it back in, I installed the lamp module just right as far as I can tell, as well as the lamp cover. What the heck am I doing wrong?

I put the old lamp back in to check that it wasn't a problem with the lamp, but there's nothing either. The projector turns on, but the lamp doesn't fire up at all.

Starting to think that I shifted something in there when I first removed the original lamp module. I made sure the screws weren't too tight, that the two holes (top and bottom) on the left on the module are aligned properly with those tiny knobs, so I don't see how it couldn't be properly installed.

Stridsvognen

Do you have a picture of the box and new lamp?

NewtScamander

Novice Member
There they are. Though clearly something messed it up when I removed the original lamp.

Attachments

• IMG_6289.jpg
    IMG_6289.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6290.jpg
    IMG_6290.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6292.jpg
    IMG_6292.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6296.jpg
    IMG_6296.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6297.jpg
    IMG_6297.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 28

Stridsvognen

yeah thought so, its a myprojector lamp, not worth the printing on the box, not impossible it shorted out and has blown your ballast.

Alternative lamp manufacture have a different definition of original, no JVC projector has ever used that model bulb.
There is some printing on the white ceramic part of the bulb, could you make a picture of that?

NewtScamander

Novice Member
The site seemed legit from the many reviews I've seen, so this is surprising.

Attachments

• IMG_6298.jpg
    IMG_6298.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6299.jpg
    IMG_6299.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6300.jpg
    IMG_6300.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 23

Stridsvognen

The site seemed legit from the many reviews I've seen, so this is surprising.
Then wonder why u got a 220w bulb and not a 265w like the original, i seen them use that specific bulb for pretty much every JVC model.
The reviews are mostly from people who dont have a clue, now its your job to make a review about the product you got, and get a refund.

And wonder how much you have to spend on a new JVC lamp, and projector repair.

NewtScamander

Novice Member
I just saw your thread about it, interesting. I contacted them and they asked for 6 different angles of the lamp and they'll collect the SN code from it and I can send it back and be refunded if the projector is broken somehow. But if their product messed up the projector, hem....

Not sure what to do. I've tried contacting JVC in my country but no answer for now. I'll try my reseller, see if he can check it out. If the ballast is fried, would the fan even kick in when turning on the projector?

Stridsvognen

normally you would get a error, the front lamps blinking, hopefully, its just the connector that has gone loos in the projector, try if you can see that it looks right.

No matter what, you likely have more light in a 2000 hour old jvc lamp than a new myprojectorlamp.

NewtScamander

Novice Member
Basically it turns on, the fan kicks in, no lamp, stays that way for a minute or two, then STANDBY and LAMP blinking, WARNING solid red if I'm correct, then shuts down.

Hopefully as you say, though I'm not at all versed in the mechanics of it, so I'm waiting to see what my reseller says.

It kinda feels like the lamp is not plugged in in a way.

So those myprojectorlamps seem to be garbage then, whew. Honestly, 3500 hours in, it was still surprisingly bright. I'm guessing there's no real way to know whether you're getting an original lamp unless JVC somehow provides it.

Stridsvognen

I'm guessing there's no real way to know whether you're getting an original lamp unless JVC somehow provides it.
If its not from JVC you can be 100% sure its not original.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom