Question JVC X3 - Saleable??

DTSFan2k

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I've come to the decision to sell my JVC X3 projector (It's not going to fit into the new flat unfortunately). I've not used it for about a year or so as everything was packed away waiting for a new home. Over the weekend, I thought I would try it out and make sure it was in full working order and the first power on worked without any issue. I thought I'll power it off and try it again later in the day and left it plugged in. Later I came to switch it on and it took longer to do so, but it came on and ran fine thereafter. It did worry me a little though so I powered it down again and left it an hour or two before switching it back on. This time, nothing happened and the dreaded two red and flashing orange light came on.

I switched it off and unplugged it and left it for the following day Tried it on Sunday and the same happened. Interestingly if I unplug the unit each time and leave it for a while, it powers on first time. I initially thought it could be the micro switch for the lamp house as the plastic cover doesn't fully push against it but then again it could be the lamp. The projector is 6 years old and the lamp has only done 168 hours (It's not been used as much as I thought I would), but I've heard the lamp does have a finite amount of time so could it be that? As I'm looking to sell, I don't really want to buy a new lamp or pay to find out the exact problem, but the main question is....if I don't do either of those, is it still saleable?? Would there be any interest in buying it judging by the issues addressed above? It's still an amazing projector and I would be selling the 3D emitter, 3 glasses and an Optoma 81 inch screen so there is some value to the package, but I don't want to waste my time.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I would really rather see there is a possibility of it finding a home rather than having to let it sit and rot for the rest of its life.

What do you guys think?

I sold an X3 that was in tatters from being launched from the ceiling for £150 on eBay - there is a market for everything.
Just be honest about the condition, list it as spares or repairs and stick a price you think is sensible. I've often seen units failed as per yours go for £300 or so.
Maybe sell the glasses separate as they won't add anything to the value.

I sold an X3 that was in tatters from being launched from the ceiling for £150 on eBay - there is a market for everything.
Just be honest about the condition, list it as spares or repairs and stick a price you think is sensible. I've often seen units failed as per yours go for £300 or so.
Maybe sell the glasses separate as they won't add anything to the value.

That gives me more confidence! I'll list it and see how it goes. As I said it seems to start up if unplugged between power ups so let's see! Thanks for the input m8!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom