JVC Widescreen TV's

O

Oliver Tomlinson

Looking for a widescreen TV and had a gander at the weekend. Cant afford 100Hz, but want a flat screen. The JVC's (which would not have been my choice) were almost as good as the Sony 100Hz set. They had a panoramic setting which while 50Hz crammed in extra lines to make it look pretty good - V sharp for 50Hz.
Anybody have any views on this JVC or JVC in general (model AV28FT1EK)

I bought a 32WFT1EKS yesterday - got it home and the set keeps reverting to stand-by mode.
It didn't even get a chance to auto-load the TV channels!
So as yet - not impressed! I'll let you know JVC's response. At the moment I can't get thru on their Customer Service Number (strangely enough, every time I ring, I'm "4th in the queue"??)

Bart

Go back to the dealer as your contract is with them, and they will have to sort it out. Go for a replacement rather than a repair if you can.

Had my 32WFT1EKS for 4 months or so, and very very happy with it.

Just use it as a monitor, so not bothered about TV speakers.

Picture is rated as the best there is on a flatscreen, have a look at some of the Home Cinema / Entertainment mags, as two have reviews / tests.

Also picked mine up for less than £800 which is a bargain.

R.

Replacement delivered Sunday - widescreen pictures great so far, although, like Home Entertainment there is a curve on the left side of the picture when a 4:3 picture is shown in "regular" view - I'm hoping this will will go once the set has been "warmed up"...?

Reasonable happy with set...'Regular' mode still has the curves!! Looks like a design fault to me, anyone else got the problem or had a response from JVC?

i have the same problem with the 28fr1ek in 4:3 mode. also when watching dvd the top part of the letterbox dips slighlty in the middle and the same happens on cable tv. i emailed jvc and they said that sometimes 'rogue' sets get through. however all the jvc's that i have seen so far(which is about 15) all have the same problem. jvc told me to go to a service dealer and get the compression done. the set is really good though so i don't want to let it go although it is starting to annoy me now

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom