1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC Widescreen TV's

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Oliver Tomlinson, Apr 9, 2001.

1. Oliver Tomlinson

Oliver Tomlinson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking for a widescreen TV and had a gander at the weekend. Cant afford 100Hz, but want a flat screen. The JVC's (which would not have been my choice) were almost as good as the Sony 100Hz set. They had a panoramic setting which while 50Hz crammed in extra lines to make it look pretty good - V sharp for 50Hz.
    Anybody have any views on this JVC or JVC in general (model AV28FT1EK)

2. toomanybarts

toomanybarts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a 32WFT1EKS yesterday - got it home and the set keeps reverting to stand-by mode.
    It didn't even get a chance to auto-load the TV channels!
    So as yet - not impressed! I'll let you know JVC's response. At the moment I can't get thru on their Customer Service Number (strangely enough, every time I ring, I'm "4th in the queue"??)

Bart

3. Beddie

Beddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Go back to the dealer as your contract is with them, and they will have to sort it out. Go for a replacement rather than a repair if you can.

4. eibborc

eibborc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Had my 32WFT1EKS for 4 months or so, and very very happy with it.

Just use it as a monitor, so not bothered about TV speakers.

Picture is rated as the best there is on a flatscreen, have a look at some of the Home Cinema / Entertainment mags, as two have reviews / tests.

Also picked mine up for less than £800 which is a bargain.

R.

5. toomanybarts

toomanybarts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Replacement delivered Sunday - widescreen pictures great so far, although, like Home Entertainment there is a curve on the left side of the picture when a 4:3 picture is shown in "regular" view - I'm hoping this will will go once the set has been "warmed up"...?

6. toomanybarts

toomanybarts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Reasonable happy with set...'Regular' mode still has the curves!! Looks like a design fault to me, anyone else got the problem or had a response from JVC?

7. philpughe

philpughe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have the same problem with the 28fr1ek in 4:3 mode. also when watching dvd the top part of the letterbox dips slighlty in the middle and the same happens on cable tv. i emailed jvc and they said that sometimes 'rogue' sets get through. however all the jvc's that i have seen so far(which is about 15) all have the same problem. jvc told me to go to a service dealer and get the compression done. the set is really good though so i don't want to let it go although it is starting to annoy me now