1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC WFT1 TV's being discontinued!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by DavidT, Jan 14, 2002.

1. DavidT

DavidT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    I have now been told at 4 locations that the JVC WFT1 series is being discontinued.

I did find out at one shop though that in March / April the TV will be re-introduced but with a different stand (just like the one that the AV32PT10 has).

Apparently the stand that comes with the TV at present has not been that well received (must admit I don't like it either).

David

2. Grubert

Grubert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Interesting tip. Thanks.

Do you know if the model number will change?

I was thinking of getting the AV32S2EK but don't like the InteriArt finish much.

3. DavidT

DavidT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Sorry, I didn't ask if the model number will change.

4. Neil Watson

Neil Watson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    I thought the S2EK was the replacement to the FT1 as the specs are exactly the same on the JVC website (2x20w, 3 scarts, auto-widescreen, etc) albeit the casing is different? I think others on this forum have confirmed this as well.

I could be wrong though and often am :blush:

5. js

js

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Because of this thread and having this TV on order from Currys
    I emailed JVC concerning the AV28WFT1 being discontinued.
    They said it was not discontinued and they are still being sent out. So for anyone who wants to get one it seems they are still being made. Fingers crossed cos I want mine ASAP :) and Currys better hurry up!!

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know if this helps to confirm or not, but the guys who came to set up my new JVC yesterday from Comet Direct mentioned that they had had a real run on them over Xmas and New Year, and that JVC's were currently in short supply because of that. So I guess that confirms what you've been told - not discontinued, just out of stock until JVC get more out to their distributors.

Carol

7. js

js

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Carol

It seems from JVC's point of view that that there shouldn't be a delay as they said this:

"You could suggest your dealer
    contacts their sales department to enquire what the delay is"

Nevermind, i'll call Currys on Monday to see if there is any news, the main thing is there should be some on the way :)

8. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds as though the likes of Currys and Comet have been caught unexpectedly with larger sales of JVC models than they had bargained for. I would imagine they buy in large quantities and that it would take a little time for new orders to get through to them. That's a guess. Their buyers miscalculated. Hope you get yours James!

Carol

9. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just had an email from JVC who confirm that both the WFT1 model and the S2EK models are in stock, amd suggesting anyone that wants one should contact an INDEPENDENT dealer who can order one on your behalf. They laid emphasis on the word 'independent'.

I had originally asked in an email a few days ago if any of these TV's were still in stock anywhere in the country, i.e. Comet, Currys etc. - which was before I had tracked my S2EK model down at Comet Direct.

Hope this helps anyone looking for one of these televisions.

Carol

10. js

js

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Carol again :)

I'm a very inpatient person unfortunately and i'm inclined to order a Panasonic PL1 from Debenhams for £699 with 5 yr guarantee.
    Yes its expensive but i'm hoping Debenhams are quite good when it comes to returns etc. My girlfriend was in Debenhams earlier on and liked the picture and the new stand on the PL1 is far better than the PK series. They have them in stock as well and I'll get it by the end of next week.
    Basically the JVC is on my g/f's credit card and we'll get charged interest after Tuesday. We have the cash in another account but its a big hassle to move the cash over and pay the cc off and then find we are still waiting for the tele ages later and decide we want a refund then. Arrgh the dilemma :D

11. sparrow-07

sparrow-07

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    James

Is it the 28" or 32" PL1 that you are buying?

Cheers

12. js

js

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 28" PL1, I just can't get that few extra quid for the 32" and as i'm borrowing my girlfriend's credit card to buy it she holds the purse strings :)
    I am paying over the odds yes but I just don't want a possible crap service from these online/mail order dealers. I will see if Debenhams will price match someone, although not sure who yet or even if they will. I've seen good prices online for £500 but that doesn't include a 5 yr warranty that i'm sure Debenhams will insist on.
    I like my parents 28" PK3 and they have a huge lounge and the screen seems an ok size for it.

13. JamieL

JamieL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Received this from JVC today:

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding the above.The AV-32WFT1EKS is not a discontinued model.
    We can confirm there is a new product launch March to May.
    The AV-32T25EKS will replace the above set.We do not yet have the full spec on this set but think the difference will be cosmetic.

14. DavidT

DavidT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Thanks for that Jamie, I feel vindicated.

So the WFT1 may not be discontinued now but will be in May!

My info is that only the stand will change.