JVC VCR - not playing through Digital TV

Gardener

Novice Member
Hi - would be grateful for some advice. I am trying to get a VCR to work for a 92 year old client (I am normally doing the Garden!)
The VCR appears to work fine - tape goes in and can rewind and ffwd however when I try to play it the TV switches from SCART input to normal Digital input and the VCR switches off.
Initially I thought it was the SCART cable but when the VCR is on the Blue JVC screen comes up and stays on - it is only when the Play button is pressed that TV decides to switch input mode and the VCR turns off.
I have tried connecting VCR to two different TVs with the same result.
I was wondering if I need to get hold of SCART to HDMI converter? Will this solve the issue by converting the VCR output to digital?
Any help gratefully received (I can then get back to the plants!)
Thanks

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
If you are seeing the JVC logo, the connection is fine.

I would therefore suggest that the issue lies with the VCR and that it cannot output a stable video signal due to a fault. This could be as simple as oxide shed and head clog, or it could be a failure of the electronics themselves.

VHS players do turn up on Ebay, so your client probably needs to source a refurbished - or at least tested machine.

A scart to HDMI adapter won't help I'm afraid.

Gardener

Novice Member
If you are seeing the JVC logo, the connection is fine.

I would therefore suggest that the issue lies with the VCR and that it cannot output a stable video signal due to a fault. This could be as simple as oxide shed and head clog, or it could be a failure of the electronics themselves.

VHS players do turn up on Ebay, so your client probably needs to source a refurbished - or at least tested machine.

A scart to HDMI adapter won't help I'm afraid.
Thank you for your reply - that is good to know. I will try to find an alternative machine for them and see how we get on.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom