JVC-USB issues

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by psandbach, Jul 10, 2002.

1. psandbach

psandbach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I've just bought a JVC GR-DVL 365 digital camcorder and am having a few problems getting the contents of my memory card onto the PC. I install the USB drivers as suggested in the manual without connecting the camera to the computer, but when I do connect it, it re-installs the drivers. I think this is causing the removable disk icon not to be displayed which is a pain the butt as I cant connect.

If anyone who has had similar problems could give me some advice I'd be eternally grateful!

Cheers
    Pete

:confused:

2. atmoscinema

atmoscinema

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    I've had the said same probs.

It took me a second motherboard and a few re-installs to find out the answer.

The answer for me was a card reader.

Jessops told me they have had no probs with people using these.

I used Jessops branded readers.

3. Drafter

Drafter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem and bought a Lexar card reader. The reader does work. I sent my GR-DV2000u back for repair and they can't fix it. I'll make a new thread on my repair problems.

4. psandbach

psandbach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorted it!
    It was a pc problem rather than a camera problem.
    I looked in my config.sys and the "lastdrive=" line was set to F (which was my CDR drive). When I changed this setting to "lastdrive=Z", and restarted, it all seemed to work and my camera registered as drive G:
    If you want to edit config.sys, (be careful otherwise you'll end up in a whole world of poo!), in the start menu click "Run", and then type config.sys in the box.

Hope all goes well with your problems...

Pete
    :D