Jvc tv

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by 9designs, Apr 1, 2001.

1. 9designs

9designs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know every one here seems to have a Sony or Panny, but i just bought a JVC AV-32WFR1EK which seems pretty good ! even better when I got it under a price match deal for £780!
    Only review I could find was for the 28" which got a best buy here on HCCO.

2. ALEXANDER

ALEXANDER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I am presently in the market for a new TV and my wife fancied the fully integrated SONY KV32 - DX30 WHICH RETAILS FOR AROUND £ 1300.
    Now I saw the 32 JVC in my local Comet shop for £1388 its the AV - 32WL1EK and since then I spotted the AV -32WFR1EKS FOR £1112 complete with 5 years cover and includes delivery.
    Is your set similar to the AV-32WL1EK ? mY WIFE LIKED THE GREEN SURROUND AND i WONDER IF THE 32WFR1EKS is similar in looks ?
    JVC's get good write ups and I have spoken to a friend of mine who owns a TV Shop and he sings their praises all the time.
    I would be interested in your comments please and also maybe a clue as to where you got your good deal from! TA
    Regards
    Alex

3. 9designs

9designs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You don’t get the green surround on my set, plus mine is 50Hz, the WL1 is a 100Hz set. I have not liked 100Hz sets in the past, too much digital distortion and colour smearing plus dot crawl. Except on a Loewe’s set ! ! !

I think your price of £1112 seems a bit steep. I saw it for £799 in Hughes TV and Audio in Ipswich, Suffolk, But Bennett’s of Ipswich did a price match down to £782. 12 months interest free, I took it away with me, and did not take the 5 year extended warranty for £200 (money back if do not make a claim).

I guess the tube in each set is the same with slightly different electronics to get the 100 Hz. Looking at the brochure other features seem the same.

Seems a good set to me !