JVC TV wired internet connection

ellanvannin

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a JVC LT-42C550 TV. There is no WiFi but has a wired connection to the router. When asked for a password it will not allow me to enter numbers! Any suggestions?

I'm not sure why a wired ethernet connection would be asking for a password - unless you have enterprise level kit and go out of your way to enforce port security, ethernet is normally completely open and all you need to do is plug in.

Is there any indication of what the TV is asking the password for...?

I'm not sure why a wired ethernet connection would be asking for a password - unless you have enterprise level kit and go out of your way to enforce port security, ethernet is normally completely open and all you need to do is plug in.

Is there any indication of what the TV is asking the password for...?
I guess just to let me in. it has since said it's connected but, I cannot see anywhere the internet. Input area just has the usual list of options but no internet. Same goes for channels options. Do you know where the internet page could be?

"The Ethernet provision isn’t to support a smart portal, because there isn’t one. It’s actually mandated by the Freeview HD specification, and once connected to the internet, opens the door to any IP channels delivered as part of the Freeview bouquet – you’ll find them at the dark end of the programme guide."

So this the internet connection is for a couple of channels that use it - are they working ? As there is no other use for internet on that TV.

"The Ethernet provision isn’t to support a smart portal, because there isn’t one. It’s actually mandated by the Freeview HD specification, and once connected to the internet, opens the door to any IP channels delivered as part of the Freeview bouquet – you’ll find them at the dark end of the programme guide."

So this the internet connection is for a couple of channels that use it - are they working ? As there is no other use for internet on that TV.
Thanks very much. At least I now know what's happening. Not frustrated as I understand now what's going on 😃

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom