1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jvc Thsw8

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by nearly_down, Mar 22, 2005.

1. nearly_down

nearly_down

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - I'm a newbie on this site. :hiya:

I've just bought the JVC THSW8. I've only had it a few days and I'm very impressed. If anyone has any experience of this system good or bad please let me know.

I've got my PS2 and SKY connected optically via a scart switch box, I just need another optical cable and a new av cable and I'll have my Xbox and Gamecube connected.

I've gotta say GT4 is superb in 5.1/Pro Logic II.

2. billt

billt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

I am considering buying the JVC TH-SW8 and would also be pleased to hear peoples opinions of the system. Does anyone know if audio CD playback is good.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help

:lease:

3. krmuir

krmuir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got one today. Considering taking it back already. Won't play in colour with either TV or projector - pretty useless in other words. It's a shame cos everything else about it is excellent - sound quality in particular.
    If anyone can help that would be great but I suspect my peripherals are too old

4. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,264
    It can output composite, S-Video and RGB, so it should work with just about anything. Suggest you switch it to composite output as a starting point, as just about any TV should work with that.

5. krmuir

krmuir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you, It was a cabling issue and it works fine now! I highly recommend this system