JVC THA75r or Pioneer NSDV99??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by bozzie555, Sep 16, 2004.

1. bozzie555

bozzie555

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Since my Lg DA5620 "died" some months ago I haven't been able to make up my mind what to replace it with.

I'm torn between the JVC THA75r or the Pioneer NSDV99. Any views?

I like the look of the JVC but the factor that could swing the Pioneer for me is that "3 speaker" system where you don't have to put the rear speakers at the back of the room ie. less wires (which will please the missus).
    Not sure if this works or not? Have read varying reviews.

I'd like to use my system for watching DVDS and listening to audio CD's. Also plan to upgrade to a Plasma screen sometime fairly soon. At present I have a 32 inch Toshiba TV and Sky+ box and would like to ensure that the sound is channelled through the home cinema system when watching normal TV.

Can someone help? Or even recommend alternative systems. Budget is around £250 - £300.

2. bozzie555

bozzie555

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also now considering the Pioneer DCS 323, however does anyone know whether this system is suitable for a plasma screen for when I decide to upgrade??

3. jamesjfa

jamesjfa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the NSDV99 and can only comment about this. I have found that the quality and sound from this system is 1st class. I have this hooked up to my Viera Plasma and it is stunning.

I hope this helps

4. bozzie555

bozzie555

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers James :smashin:

Yes...this helps a lot!!

5. Moleboy

Moleboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    would you say the pioneer is a powerful system? cos the only thing that's stopping me from getting it is that it's 450w, compared with 700w and 1000w offerrings from panasonic...

6. bozzie555

bozzie555

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The JVC TH-SW9 has now also entered the equation. So it's a 3 way choice....can't make up my mind. Really like the fact that the SW9 has wireless rear speakers. :smashin:

7. jamesjfa

jamesjfa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I gave my friend a demo of the system on Saturday. This friend has spent a great deal of money on his home cinema and is someone I would call on for advice. He was amazed at the quality that came from the Pioneer. As for power, it has plenty.

This is only my opinion though.

8. Darren Batty

Darren Batty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Bozzie,

I also like the THSW9 it has 600W RMS, progressive scan, tall speakers for £350 ish.... but ....... I can't find one single review !!! I'm not buying till after xmas so if you get one let me know what you think.

9. bozzie555

bozzie555

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At the moment, this is my number 1 choice but can't find a review anywhere either. Don't want to make a purchase without getting some feedback first. Anyone help??

10. bozzie555

bozzie555

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Darren

Have a look at the latest issue of What Home Cinema magazine. They review a number of systems and I'm sure the THSW9 is one of them!!

11. bozzie555

bozzie555

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh well, I decided to take the plunge and ordered the Pioneer DCS 323 from Digital Point yesterday afternoon.

Talk about speedy delivery....it's just arrived!! :smashin:

Will let you know what I think when I've managed to unpack and set it up!!

12. DiBergio

DiBergio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hows the 323 working out? :thumbsup:

13. bozzie555

bozzie555

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's GREAT DiBergio.

I haven't had the opportunity to test out all the features yet but I've got it set up using the "3 spot surround" sound at the moment. The best part of this is that you don't have wires all around your room. It doesn't quite give the same effect as having the speakers behind you but it's not a bad substitute.

I'm no home cinema fundi but I'm happy with this system. Both the sound and picture are adequate for my needs and the sound from audio CD's is top class!!!

Another plus is the size of the subwoofer.....really compact!!