1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC THA75R + digital-point.co.uk

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Iain Chapman, Nov 8, 2003.

1. Iain Chapman

Iain Chapman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I'm looking to purchase the Multi-Region JVC THA75R all-in-one kit from digital-point.co.uk.

This isn't a company that I've previously used, and was wondering whether anyone had any comments to make about their Multi-Region modification.

Whilst I've read several hundred positive comments about them as a supplier over on Caio and Dealtime, I've not managed to get a sensible answer from them regarding their multi-region mod.

Mainly I'm interested to know whether it can handle RCE discs, prior to me placing an order.

Any one got any experience of them?.

Thanks

Iain Chapman

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    Its probably made multiregion through a special remote. Many of the JVC home cinema systems are made by Samsung. The only warning I would make about the system is that it plays back ntsc dvds in pal mode. I.e. you lose 5 frames per second and panning shots on ntsc dvds will be slightly jerky to some. It should be rce compatible without problems. Apart from the ntsc drawback its one of the best systems out there. Although my personal preference now would be probably something like the Jamo 50 system.

3. jaminho

jaminho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got my QP-ES7 from them a couple of weeks ago. I ordered it multi-region as it was the cheapest on the web by a mile.

The goods duly arrived next day as promised.

Come to set it up and started undoing the boxes and noticed that they had never been opened. I was under the impression that to make the multi region modifications they'd have to break into the boxes to do it.

I spoke to them about this but they assured me it was MR.

I've not had chance to check yet as i've no R1 or otherwise discs but the sytem as a whole is up and working perfectly and to date has played everything i've thrown at it.

4. andy572

andy572
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Obviously, you need to check that it is indeed multi-region; but using my own experience as a guide, I wouldn't use an unopened box as an indicator :)

Needing a small and multi-region system, I bought a Pioneer DCS-303 earlier in the year and was rather surprised to see 'factory-fresh' boxes arrive at my doorstep. The player has run everything that I've chucked at it so far (including R1 discs), so let's hope the same applies for you :clap:

Re: digital-point, I was set to buy a VCR until having read one too many things about their better-known parent company (can't believe I've just forgotten the name!), I settled on a competitor. I should add that the company I purchased from attract rather a large 'complaint following' too :devil: , so it's all swings n roundabouts! :laugh:

Electrocentre, that's the name! Woohoo!

As ever, ordering is the easy part. It's all in the after-sales - which, fortunately, I've not had to test with anyone.

Perhaps it's best to make your own mind up by searching past newsgroup postings here and trying that search button up there... if you haven't already! ;) :smashin:

5. Hooky

Hooky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Just a quick note to say that the unit must have been opened first as JVC do not supply multi region players. The model that comes with the QP-ES7 is the XV-N55SL (as I have the same package:). You can check the region code quite easy on the N55. When the unit is in standby press and hold the fast forward and rewind buttons together then press the standby button so the unit comes on. This will display the region code. If it says REgion 0 then its been done if its says region 2 then it still needs doing. Also Both the TH-A75 system and the N55 do RCE protected discs if multi region. Its only the older models that when multi region didnt play RCE like my old XV-522 :( cracking old model but dont play RCE :(.

6. jaminho

jaminho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Top tip,

just checked and I am Region 0

Cheers mate

7. pwiles1968

pwiles1968

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Anyone Know if there is a Hack for the N55 or is it a workshop mod?