JVC THA-5R dodgy hack

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by davidgirecourt, Mar 10, 2003.

1. davidgirecourt

davidgirecourt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all

I found a temporary hack for my home cinema but having used it once I 've now noticed a huge drop in quality when I watch a R2 DVD, every edge of a face or car or else seem to be made of a flight of stairs. My TV is a Philips 32PW9527.

Could this hack have disabled or damaged my dvd player somehow?

Help

Dave

2. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    Perhaps someone may correct me but I do not believe regional coding has anything to do with picture controlling chips on any player.

3. davidgirecourt

davidgirecourt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Indeed

It eludes me too

4. fraggle

fraggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    You've turned on PAL -> NTSC conversion and are seeing the downconverted picture?

5. davidgirecourt

davidgirecourt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Fraggle

Sorry, but I have absolutely no idea and if it is the case I really don't know how to reverse it again.

6. Jonah1000

Jonah1000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, Just wondering if your player has been sorted. i have just found two hacks, which I haven't tried. Which did you use? And was the hack the reason for the picture quality. A problem I had with the JVC THA5R was "A disc got stuck in my DVD Player, when I Press Open the word 'LOCK' was displayed on the Unit. The Disc didn't come out". The solution was "I'm not to sure how but it was a combination of using the 'source' button & the open button on the unit. Press open and when 'LOCK' is displayed press source button. It then displayed 'UNLOCK'. But I still don't know how I locked it in the first place. . Regards

7. davidgirecourt

davidgirecourt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Jonah

I sent my player back a few weeks ago and was reimbursed. With the baby on the way for June I went back to good old DVD player only (SD220 multiregion) and will look at buying the pair of extra surround speakers for my television.

Cheers

David