1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC TH-S55 volume levels - help!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by BigJohnson, Oct 27, 2005.

1. BigJohnson

BigJohnson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    After reading various reviews regarding various systems, I bought the TH-S55 based on quality, input availability etc.

Upon setting up and playing from various sources, I note a wide variance in the required volume levels.

When playing a DVD movie, the volume has be set to 20+ to be comfortably audible. Similarly, when sound is input from Aux (Sky) or AuxD (Xbox), the volume level has to be selected at a similar level. However, if FM radio is selected, a volume level of only 5 is required with anything more than 10 being very loud for the room.

Can anyone tell me if this is variance is normal?
    Can anyone advise optimal settings?
    A review within HomeCinemaChoice suggests NOT to have the volume above 11!

Thanks.

2. robbierroy

robbierroy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    BigJ - i just bought and installed the TH-S66, but I have not really had time to explore it. I would appreciate if we could share notes. I too have to ramp up the volume when watching Sky.
    Please share any observations etc. I will do the same, I presume the models are similar.
    In response to your volume questions -
    For watching TV with an audio L R connection form Sky box to DVD Unit - I need volume set to about 24 or 25.
    For watching a DVD about 24 or 25.
    For playing an audio CD - about 14
    Have not yet got an ariel connected so I can't answer your FM question.

Cheers
    Robbierroy