1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jvc th-a35 noisy fan

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by seafoodmix, Nov 24, 2003.

1. seafoodmix

seafoodmix
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After considering most home cinema systems I have bought a jvc th-a35.

The system is great and I am really impressed by the sound but when watching dvds with the jvc a cooling fan runs intermittently and it is loud enough to be really distracting.

This is really noticeable during quiet moments when you are meant to feel the suspense of the action the fan kicks in and its ruined.

Is this common to just the jvc or is it common to all all-in-ones.

now thinking of swapping for the sony dav sa30

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    This has been reported in some of the reviews and I think it was What Video that gave this as the reason for not giving it a best buy status.

Solution wise you can place the system in a cooler better ventilated area or use an external quiet fan to keep the system cool and therefore prevent the system switching on its own fan. My Samsung HTDM150 has a fan but I've never heard it as the system is high up and very well ventilated and I run it as high as 62 on a 69 maximum volume setting.

I believe the noise of the fan varys with individual models so it may be possible to get one with a less noisy fan.

3. dagger

dagger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    aarggghhh !!! my tha35r has this noisy fan too

did anyone try opening the unit and see if fan can be adjusted or lubricated ??

Trouble is I cant send mine back as I used a firmware hack to make M/R and that was fine but this has invalidated the jvc warranty :(

It is soooo noisy :mad: - I cant believe anyone is happy with it at this level - Its a real shame cos the actual player is a beauty in most other respects