jvc televison

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by oatcake1, Sep 9, 2005.

1. oatcake1

oatcake1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    help
    I have just purchased a 28" jvc tele with freeview (digital tuner ) installed
    but I cannot get my dvd recorder to record from the digital tuner on the televison
    it records ok from the annaloge

if you have one of these television sets could you please give me any info
    any help would be most appriciated
    thanks

2. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    Make a scart connection between AV2 on your TV and AV2 on the DVD recorder. (I am assuming that your dvd recorder is connected to the TV by AV1 to AV1.

Select the Freeview channel you wish to record on the TV. Select AV2 as the recording channel on your DVD recorder. That should enable you to record the Freeview channel. The reason your DVD recorder will record direct from analogue channels is because it is using its own analogue tuner.

3. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    If you purchase a Freeview set top box then you could make a direct connection between
    the scart socket on this and the AV2 socket of your dvd recorder. You would need to run the aerial connection thru the STB to your TV in addition to the DVD recorder.

This would allow you to record a freeview channel on the DVD recorder whilst leaving your TV free so you could watch a different freeview channel on the TV.

4. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,267
    By default, JVC TVs are set to output the analogue signals out of AV2 so this is what you will record. To record from the digital tuner, you will have to go into the Setup Menu, then select "Ext Settings" (the exact name varies depending on the model) and change the settings to output the digital signal to AV2. The exact menu and method varies depending on the model but it is covered in the instruction book.