Question JVC Smart TV

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Moostersmum, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Moostersmum

Moostersmum
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there
    We bought my daughter a JVC Smart TV for her Christmas present. We have connected to the internet but it wont connect to any app apart from Netflix, brings up this message - 'This application requires your TV to be tuned in and connected to the internet, please check your connections and settings'. We do not have a digital aerial in the house so cannot access freeview but my other daughter has a Samsung Smart TV and she can access all apps without an aerial being plugged in. Any suggestions, we went through the initial set up process twice and netflix works so we know the wifi is connected. The TV is a JVC - LT-32C675. Any suggestions as to how we resolve this without getting a man on the roof are greatly appreciated!
    thanks Erica

2. mike7

mike7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +618
    This television incorporates Freeview Play which requires a connection to an external aerial. It is a Vestel made TV and Smart features might be limited.

3. Moostersmum

Moostersmum
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bugger i avoided another TV because i thought that might be the case, been on to hubby for ages about getting a new aerial so thats the next job! The aerial has been on the house longer than we've been in it and thats 23 years!

4. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,589
    There's no such thing. That's just a marketing ploy.
    Your existing aerial may still do the job, have you actually plugged it in and tried it?

5. Moostersmum

Moostersmum
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We cannot get freeview on the tv in the lounge where we have an aerial point and we have purchased booster aerials in the past for my daughters tv that didnt work. Do you know of any decent internal aerials?

6. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,589
    We wouldn't normally recommend internal set-top aerials unless you live within a few miles of your local transmitter.
    The fact that you've mentioned you've tried a booster type aerial and got no signal proves my point.
    Contact a local aerial installer and get a quote for replacement of your existing outdoor aerial.