1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC SA602 - DIVX Compatible? - IMPORTANT!!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by MarcoBiscotti, Oct 18, 2005.

1. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys,

If anyone can get back to me with a response ASAP it would be extremely helpful!

I actually own this player, but do not have any DIVX discs to playback to check. I have somebody that wants to come by and buy it tonight but needs confirmation that it is compatible with DIVX.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

2. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    Having Googled, I am pretty sure this player does not do DIVX. Nowhere on its promotional blurb is there any mention of DIVX capability.

3. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Cable, that's what I thought. I brought up the same search results... but just because a player is not DIVX certified, does that necessarily mean it will definitely NOT playback DIVX encoded discs, or is it still a possiblity?

Thx.

4. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    Some mediatek based players using the DE version of the chipset are not certified. However they have only been used in cheap brands and unlikely imo JVC would ship a model based on this. The DE isn't that great at divx, has issue updating firmware and your much better off buying a EE/FE version.

So yes player can be uncertified divx and still play them but its unlikely JVC would sell it and its unlikely you'd be happy with the player. Plenty of good certified divx players available e.g LG DVX9900H, Pioneer 575/585 from big brands.

5. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks NX3, it's not for me - I am selling this player to someone who wants to have this playback feature.