1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC, RGB scarts

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by ace420, Jun 12, 2004.

1. ace420

ace420

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could someone :lease: tell me if only 1 or 2 of the 3 scarts on the new JVC tv's ie. AV28X4 etc are RGB compatible, some sites indicate 1, while others indicate 2, would also be intersted to know if anyone has 1 of these tv's & how good they are. :rolleyes:

2. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
  3. ace420

ace420

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanx for that "scrapbook", but anyone know what these tv's are like, cos i've read mixed reviews about JVC tv's, i can't decide between a sony kv28fx68 or a JVC AV28R4 (50hz) or JVC AV28X4 (100hz), any advice would be much appreciated

4. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    Well I have seen an average review of the R4 in What TV and Video this month!

As for the X4, have seen it in the local Hi Spek store and quite like what i see!

Waiting to see a review before making a decision though, much like u!!

5. cerat

cerat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The AV28R4 also has 2 RGBs, an improvement over the AV28R25. From the manual,

http://www.jvc.co.uk/files/instruction_manual/lct1152-001a-u.pdf

it appears that JVC have now added the picture tilt control that people wanted to see on the 28" model. (Whether the "RGB contrast" problem has been sorted is another matter). Also, in addition to the upgrade from Pro-Logic I to PL II, the new model introduces more flexibility into the sound controls (separate adjustments for surround channels, subwoofer, and "distance" of surrounds).

6. cerat

cerat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oops, just noticed that the manual covers both 28 and 32 inch sets. Might be that, as for the R25, only the 32 ich R4 has picture tilt.

7. cerat

cerat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For what it may worth, both 28 and 32 inch versions of the AV-R4 do have picture tilt. As for the system reviewed in this month’s What Video, this is the AV-32R47SK, not the AV-32R4. As I can make out, the former is the AV32R25 wrapped up in an (unattractive) skin exclusive to Comet, and lacks the pro-logic II and small additional features of the AV-32R4. As value goes, the Comet offering seems to be a bad buy.

8. ace420

ace420

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the JVC AV28R4 looks good value for money, but not very keen on the design (nearly as wide as a 32" tv, however the AV28X4 looks good along with its features. but i still can't decide between a SONY KV28FX68 or a JVC AV28X4, the JVC works out a lot cheaper. I spoke to JL in sheffield about the availability of the JVC, the woman at the other end said they had it on reserve and could possibly be getting them in stock soon. currently http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/ are selling it for £399+del & http://www.digital-point.co.uk do it for £419 inc del, i'll wait for JL to get it as i want the five year warranty

9. cerat

cerat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Given that I’m not a AV enthusiast, but rather just looking for a 50 Hz budget “all-rounder” (i.e., I don’t intend to buy HC), I figure that the R4 might fit my needs. The internet offers always sound tempting don’t they? But, like yourself, I prefer to deal with a local retailer (Allders) who can offer a no-quibble policy, in addition to 5 years warranty inc.

Before I get rebuked, yes I know looks shouldn't be the main factor in buying a product, but they do count. So, on this, I have to say that I was a little disappointed with the attempt at the minimalist look on the X4 (incidentally, the Comet R47 has the same stand), and I would see if I find a little more for the Sony, which has good reviews, I believe. By the way, according the specs given in the manuals, on the JVC site, the R4 and X4 are supposed to be the same size, which I find surprising.