JVC Question

Elven

Standard Member
Hi all

I bought one of THESE TV'S

Now sometimes the picture tends to lean to one side when on adverts or is slightly off the screen, I was told their is a code to access some sub menu to change this.

Medusa

Banned
Hi all

I bought one of THESE TV'S

Now sometimes the picture tends to lean to one side when on adverts or is slightly off the screen, I was told their is a code to access some sub menu to change this.

Going from normal/ 4:3 Mode to Full/16:9 when the adverts come ON is quite normal.

But the picture leaning to one side (Horizontal shift) is not normal.
It could be a Fault on the TV.
If under warranty you need to contact the dealer.

Elven

Standard Member
Going from normal/ 4:3 Mode to Full/16:9 when the adverts come ON is quite normal.

But the picture leaning to one side (Horizontal shift) is not normal.
It could be a Fault on the TV.
If under warranty you need to contact the dealer.

I have managed to sort it out on some settings and on the tv it seems better now only a minor bend when on 4:3 and i mean tiny, however it REALLY acts up on the ps2, yet with the Nintendo Wii *(wired in now via ext 4 on side aux ) it's fine when i changed to panoramic mode.

I'm going to still contact Argos where I bought it from this Wednesday perhaps but I am wondering could it be the £1.99 scart lead from my stb to the tv be the cause of the tiny bend in the image?

Also the games I am using on the Ps2 are old ones when I play a DVD on the ps2 like Lord Of The Rings it is fine no issues.....

onewingedangel

My JVC P37 also has some issues like this - there is a service menu you can get by pressing mute and i together, you can correct some geometry and overscan issues through it.

Elven

Standard Member
My JVC P37 also has some issues like this - there is a service menu you can get by pressing mute and i together, you can correct some geometry and overscan issues through it.

THANKYOU!

Now to ask a dumb question how do I navigate in the menu which comes up??

Shall play with it in the morning had beer right now so not a clever thing to do :D

GaryB

Distinguished Member
THANKYOU!

Now to ask a dumb question how do I navigate in the menu which comes up??

Shall play with it in the morning had beer right now so not a clever thing to do :D

Even if you haven't had a beer, messing around in the Service Menu is not a good idea unless you know what you're doing. Many of the adjustments are inter-dependent and can screw things up unless you carry them out in the right order.

Elven

Standard Member
Even if you haven't had a beer, messing around in the Service Menu is not a good idea unless you know what you're doing. Many of the adjustments are inter-dependent and can screw things up unless you carry them out in the right order.

What do you advise? I noticed when the screen hits widescreen on virgin media tv, the screen is 100% perfect on 4:3 their is a tiny bend in the top of the vertical line.

On the Nintendo Wii, it acts up with a bend in the horizontal area until I switch to panoramic view then it is fine in a widescreen aspect.

On the ps2 it acts the goat unless I am using a dvd for widescreen, i am putting it down to my ps2 using a replacment scart lead due to the Wii behaving same until I plugged the aux leads into socket4....

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom