JVC projector mounting

deanoak

Established Member
Reaction score
I have found the Peerless bracket too near the limit for mounting JVC N7 projectors. I use the B-Tech BT-893 which is designed for projectors weighing up to 70Kg & has 4 point micro adjustment. It does not move once setup. Prices vary wildly so shop around. Must be mounted to ceiling joists of course.

not heard of btech. always good to have options... should post some pictures of mount in action and a link for more info, price etc... 70kg seems a bit of overkill ! :D but never know i guess what future might bring :)

im using my peerless PRG-UNV no problems with JVC N7 as i know others with JVC N5, N7 and N9 without issues. my peerless has seen me through 2 epson and 2 jvc prior to this so truly universal :) I did explore the peerless specific JVC mount plate. even bought it found no benefit apart from restricting to JVC only and sold it...

other options for JVC,

have seen are the chief mounts... many us folk quite happy with it and jvc plate mount (its actually not plate more sheet metal :)

then there is the Storm which looks very good with 3 axis of movement.. a new player though not seen one in person or anyone using one yet for JVC and is at a price point over the peerless :) my jvc retailers over here do sell the storm as well as peerless as well.

I have had 2 peerless mounts and both have failed me. The screw adjustments may buckle if you do not support heavy projectors when adjusting. I found my projector would move after setup say if removing the power plug for example. The M-Tech is more expensive than the Peerless. From say £276 up to £342 or more on line.

I have had 2 peerless mounts and both have failed me. The screw adjustments may buckle if you do not support heavy projectors when adjusting. I found my projector would move after setup say if removing the power plug for example. The M-Tech is more expensive than the Peerless. From say £276 up to £342 or more on line.
sorry to hear about your mounts, i did support mine in locking up. however my peerless is still up there doing its thing. n7 been up there more than 12 months :) mine hasn't moved... infact i have it lined up to mm to my screen so would know if have....though ive not had occasion to remove its power plug or anything :)

understand if the M-tech? I thought said t was a B-tech ? is considerably more expense. is there a link or some info you wish to post on it ? it might help folks to consider. as mentioned more choice for folks is always good :)

Yes it is B-Tech my mistake sorry. Here is what it looks like mounted anamorphic lens included. It should be easy to find on the net. Those prices I came up with this morning.
DSCN0049.JPG

In my opinion it is not worth compromising on cost of mounts when this projector costs £8500.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom