1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC Plasma Screens

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by McRod, Feb 11, 2003.

1. McRod

McRod
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I have searched these boards and haven`t been able to spot any feedback on JVC Plasma screens.

Has anyone had any experience of the current range?.

I also have heard that they are currently producing a new range and it will be with us soon.

I have the chance to buy one via a friend who works for JVC in East Kilbride and for this i can get a 20% discount on the wholesale price. However, its no point buying one if it ain`t as good as the others etc.

Cheers

Rod

2. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    Stand by I hope I will have some more info by tomrrow to complete a comment I would like to make to you...

3. hddvdman

hddvdman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    somethere over there but not near here, there
    Ratings:
    +155
    i just sent my 42 pd20 jvc one back as the picture was great 75% of the time, but the other instances alot of green ghosting in fst moving pictures, gonna go for panasonic instead:lesson:

4. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,267
    The new model will launch later this year. This contains the same DIST technology as the HV-32D25 which has been discussed in the TV forum.

5. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    The two current 42" models AV42PD20ES and GMP42IPZW from JVC do not come near the quality of Pioneer or Panasonic. However, before the end of the year, JVC will introduce two plasma TVs (32 and 42 inch) with new updated specs. Still their aim is to mainly compete with the Sony plasma versions incorporating the tuner without the need of a separate box.

6. GadgetObsessed

GadgetObsessed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +639
    According to HCC the new models will be out very soon.

"JVC has unveiled two new plasma screens that look set to cause quite a stir in the UK for both their aesthetics and their quality. Out first in mid-February is the PD-42D30, a 42in model available either in standalone form, with a table top stand, or bolted onto a gorgeous matching floor stand as shown in the photograph. A 35in model is due in March in the same configurations.

Sound is provided on these screens by a pair of pole speakers built into the chassis, and by a subwoofer on the rear.

The resolution supported, meanwhile, is XGA on the 42in screen and WGA on the 35in, and both are equipped with component video inputs that will accept PAL progressive signals.

Both also carry the second generation of JVC’s eagerly anticipated DIST resolution boosting technology, the first generation of which we will see this month on a new 32in CRT TV, as reported previously in our news section. The chief benefit of this second gen system is claimed to be improved colour management.

The 42in screen we saw running at a JVC demo looked very impressive indeed, with the only bumnote being that due to both screens being targetted totally at the AV market, there’s no PC compatibility."

7. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,267
    I've seen the AV-42PD30 and it's rather good. The separate tuner is a bit of a lump but apart from that it is a nice set.

8. McRod

McRod
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks guys, your feedback seems to be quite positive.

Perhaps if any of you guys spot a release date you could let me know, my friend is more of an aquaintance so i don`t want to harass her every day for a date =)

regards

Rod

9. crashoverride

crashoverride

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently bought the GM-V42PCEB and is amazing, just one thing i did not recieve a remote for this screen, and need to find one or a phillips pronto code for my pronto ru940, is there anyone that can help.

10. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    steer clear of 35" JVC total pants JVC are owned by the same company as Panny but Plasma range is disapointing at the moment...FAR behind PAnny new models could be better.... (cant be much worse)