1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC picture gone weird

Discussion in 'TVs' started by BILKO1, Apr 13, 2005.

1. BILKO1

BILKO1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Turned on my JVC AV-32r25eksc today and the picture is all discoloured around the edges the part of the picture that is ok is almost circular now. Is this something that i can fix in the service menu or do i need to get someone in as the set is a few months out of warranty. Not to impressed for a £750 tv, i bought it on Barclaycard thinking that the warranty would be extended but when i ring them up "sorry sir that service was stopped on 1st April 2005" grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

2. Matt123

Matt123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I'm no expert but it sounds like the tube has gone? Someone will correct me I'm sure :(

3. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,937
    It sounds as though there is a fault in the degauss circuit........it's unlikely to be the crt.
    It could be a dry joint.......on........or a faulty "Ptc".
    This is the part which degausses or de-magnetises the crt at switch-on.
    Best to call in a local Tv engineer.......should'nt be too expensive.

4. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,267
    First to make sure of is that you don't have any strong magnets (like speakers) nearby.

Next thing to try is the internal degauss circuit. Switch the set off at the mains (not just to standby) for a couple of hours, then switch it back on. This will fire the internal degaussing circuit (assuming it's working) and possibly clear the problem. If it doesn't, JayCee's suggestion of a faulty degauss circuit is probably correct. If it is only a couple of months outside warranty, JVC may well cover it.

5. BILKO1

BILKO1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for the replies guys i did what GaryB said and all seems well? The distortion was as if the internal side speakers had lost there shielding i have no other speakers / magnets near the tv. Thanks guys:)