1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jvc Pd-42v31

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by gingerone, Dec 30, 2003.

1. gingerone

gingerone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +237
    Anyone have any views on this plasma?
    I've seen it in a few places and it looks quite good, can't find any reviews of it though.

2. Shady Deal

Shady Deal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yes I had one. I too thought the picture was very good. With mine a problem occured where the remote control stopped working with the TV. This was ok with the TV warmed up and the remote control itself worked so the fault was with the Screen.

I also had a problem in that the image on screen was not centred and was shifted too far to the left. What made me change it for something else was that even JVC had no idea how to get into the service menu to change this. (Spoke direct to one of their engineers)

Get a good one and you will be very pleased, but should you get a problem support is nil at the moment.

Good luck

3. gingerone

gingerone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +237
    JVC don't have much of a reputation when it comes to support, it's a shame as it is a nice looking screen.

4. xhy20

xhy20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had one for two weeks and I have had no problems. Overall I think the picture quality is very good indeed. Terrestial TV is very watchable. Some people may have a problem with the panoramic view (normal in the centre and stretched at the edges), but I personally found it the happy medium. Surprisingly sky, via my Tivo is watchable and not too blocky. Some of the edges are over defined, but I can live with that. The black levels are excellent, almost matching the colour of the unit. DVD is very good Matrix Reloaded looked spectacular picture-wise. Initially the picture was good, but I think the picture has improved over the past two weeks. Overall a great all rounder. As I don't watch Dvds all the time, I can enjoy Sky without worrying about the blocky images too much. Though it may not be at the standard of the Pioneer, I think I will get more enjoyment because it performs well in all areas.