1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC PD-42V31 Problems With Picture

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by vegasbrian, Aug 10, 2004.

1. vegasbrian

vegasbrian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,
    I am having problems with the above Plasma TV, it worked well for the first 29 days (1 day over the return period) and then the picture has appeared to shrink slightly. This has resulted in what i can only describe as 4cm black vertical bar on the left hand side of the screen. It is the same no matter what signal the TV receives, the rest of the picture is perfect. I am waiting for JVC to come and collect it but i was wondering if anyone has heard of this problem before.

Brgds Brian.

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    There's a recent thread about a Panasonic with this kind of problem. Joe, who has the best understanding of these things, reckoned it was a panel driver, apparently they operate in sections with driver boards for each section. Could be repairable. Not really your problem, it's under warranty. It's certainly not a common problem with plasma displays in general, happy for you that it'll be covered by the guarantee!

3. vegasbrian

vegasbrian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks MAW,
    I very interesting idea especially as wait for it...........the JVC uses a Panasonic tube (allegedly).

Brian.

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Er, no it doesn't. Samsung I last heard, though these things change as often as some folks change their socks, so I might be out of date.