JVC PD-42DX6B - Views/Opinions?

ash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
103313_pd-42x6_front_view.jpg

• 20W Total RMS Output
• Teletext: 1500-page Memory (Level 2.5)
• Graphical OSD
• Supplied with Tabletop Stand
• 3 SCARTs
• S-in, AV-in
• Built-in Tuner
• XGA (1024 x 768 pixel) Panel
• IDTV (Integrated Digital TV Receiver)
• HDMI Connection
• Capability to receive HD 1080i 50/60Hz and HD 720p 60Hz Signals
• D.I.S.T. (Digital Image Scaling Technology) for High-resolution Picture
• Core components: High precision I-P Converter and Formatter
• Supporting components: Super DigiPure, IC with dedicated 32-bit CPU to process Dynamic Picture Management, Colour Management, Dynamic Black Level Control and Gamma Curve Control
• 1-tuner PAP (Picture and Picture)
• 12 Multi-picture
• Picture & Text Dual Screen
• 4 Speaker System with 2 Oblique Cone and 2 Bass Speakers
• Centre Channel Input and Subwoofer Output Terminals
• 3D Sound
• AHB (Active Hyper Bass)
• BBE(R) Sound System
• Component Input
• PC Input
• Deluxe Floor Stand and Adjustable Wall Bracket Available as an Option

What are the prices like? The stand looks very nice :cool:

its too new to comment on tight now only few places on the net are doing it. when it gets released more then we will know more about it. i'll see if i can go and check it out for you as i live close to one of the biggest currys in the Uk in Staples corner London. they have so many TV in there, from 37 plasmas to well had a 60in Lg one but now only 50inch ones like HD Panasonic, HD pioneer, sony wega, phillps. as well as DLP TV's.

I carried out the evaluation on this before launch and I was very impressed (but I suppose I am a bit biased). general performance is very good, particularly on the internal tuner.

GaryB said:
I carried out the evaluation on this before launch and I was very impressed (but I suppose I am a bit biased). general performance is very good, particularly on the internal tuner.

Welll as long as it is better than the outgoing model...........which was not up to Panny standards and had some issues. also the stand while it looks very nice is very practical it was designed by an italien designer Berlini??? and has no cable management of any use..............

Hi.. sorry to resurrect an old thread but has anyone seen or bought this JVC yet apart from a (self confessed) biassed GaryB ? It's on my long 'short'list at the moment ;) along with :

Samsung 42S5H
Hitachi 42 5200H
Panasonic 37 PV500
Samsung LE40R51B (LCD)

limit is <£1800ish for a Hidef tv.. tough decision?

Martin

martinthorn said:
Hi.. sorry to resurrect an old thread but has anyone seen or bought this JVC yet apart from a (self confessed) biassed GaryB ? It's on my long 'short'list at the moment ;) along with :

Samsung 42S5H
Hitachi 42 5200H
Panasonic 37 PV500
Samsung LE40R51B (LCD)

limit is <£1800ish for a Hidef tv.. tough decision?

Martin

I would narrow it down to Samsung 42S5H and PV500..I think you will be happy with either. It is hard to get a decent demo of any of them side by side.

My local comet has the Panasonic and the samsung plasmas quite close together. The Samsung didn't look as good, but then it was on a shared source, whereas the Panasonic wasn't. May ask them to hook up a DVD player to them later this week.

Still I would like to hear more about the JVC if anyone has one..

Martin

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom