1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC PD-35B50BU Plasma - Help needed

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Zanka, Jun 4, 2005.

1. Zanka

Zanka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm the proud owner of a JVC plasma. It costed me a lot of money and I choose JVC because already my amplifier, DVD and VCR were JVC products. I'm using this plasma now for over 6 months, but there are a few concerns!

1. When displaying a lot of 'white' on the screen (a scene in the snow), the speakers produce a high sound that annoys me. This appears while viewing standard TV-channels and even while wathing DVDs. First I thought the plasma generated this, but then I discoverred that even when the sound comes directly from the DVD to the amplifier this high noice is produced. Meanwhile I separated all the audiocables from the powercables, but that isn't a solution... Does anyone has an idea?

2. While going from one channel to another it happens that he keeps on showing the first channel, while he already marks to be on the next channel. Going to a further channel corrects this error, it happens once every night. I suppose this is a little bug in the software that controls the tuner. Should I bring the plasma back to the dealer to get this fixed?

3. The plasma has a VGA entry. The PC-channel does not allow me to change the picture-size. So, when I use my laptop on the plasma the image is not correct in size... Do I need special drivers on my laptop to get a good image (Compaq Armada E500)? What is the best quality: the VGA or TV-out?

All help is welcome. Thanks!

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Unfortunately the 35" JVC buzzes lots and lots the high pitch whine probably isnt the speakers but the transformer in the unit nothing you can do about it I'm afraid. and use VGA for PC TV-out will look horrible you need to set an appropriate resolution for the panle IE a widescreen one,

3. poshngoldenball

poshngoldenball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I have the same plasma screen :thumbsdow however the last week a few times a day the whole screen goes a criss cross green I can still see the sky programme faintly underneath but I have to switch off wait and switch on again some times it clears other times it requires me to switch off and on a number of times..... panny 500 ordered for upstairs arrives next week :clap: however HD any ideas re the JVC fault :lease:

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    sounds like video drive is knackered? is it under warranty? GaryB may be then best to help with this one enjoy the panny when it arrives at let us know what you think

5. poshngoldenball

poshngoldenball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the quick reply Hd I did speak with JVC this morning and they state even if it had run out of warranty they always repair etc up to 15 months as a sign of good will. I bought it in November 2004 so I am still covered I shall see what happens. My sammy 945 was taken away this morning with what appears to be a firmware fault keeps going to load will not accept commands from the handset etc keep having to plug unplug, was hoping to link it up to the panny 500 when she arrives next week looks like I will have to wait. :suicide: Samsung were very helpful :smashin: