Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

JVC Panoramic Mode

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Shady Deal, Nov 9, 2003.

1. Shady Deal

Shady Deal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,
    Just bought a 42" JVC Plasma and am basically very happy with it. However when viewing the picture in Panoramic mode each side of the screen is stretched outwards. This is especially noticable when text moves across the screen as it starts big at the edges and is the right size in the centre before going big again at the other edge.

The manual says this mode will stretch the picture but not to make it unnatural??

Can anyone confirm what I see is normal for this type of TV/Screen setting??

Thanks
    Mark

2. bossc@

bossc@

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +268
    The Hitachi 42PD3000 does this too. Rather than strech the whole image, just either side is, with the centre remaining the same. I believe that certain manufacturers think that the viewer will be more concerned with the action which is generally centred so you wouldn't notice the sides being stretched. Doesn't really work that way though does it, and once noticed then you cant take your eyes off it:rolleyes:

I dont know about the other manufaturers though.