1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jvc No Pic Sound

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by lotanookie, Sep 28, 2003.

1. lotanookie

lotanookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI I HAVE A JVC GR-DVL167 DIGITAL CAMCORDER .I WANT TO TRANSFER A WEDDING VIDEO ON TO NORMAL VIDEO TAPE, I HAVE BOUGHT A svd LEAD AND SET IT UP ON TV BUT WHEN TAPING THE VIDEO THERE IS NO SOUND TAPING THE ONLY SOUND I GET IS FROM THE CAMCORDER . THE PICTURE IS FINE. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO TRANSFER THE SOUND ON TO VIDEO OR TELL ME THE BEST WAY OF TRANSFERING THE FOOTAGE .:confused:

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    You say that you have bought a DV lead. This is a digital link that is used to transfer to a PC or DVD recorder. To transfer to a video recorder you are working in analogue and therefore a DV lead will not work.
    To transfer video from a camcorder to a VCR you need to use the relevant lead for the camcorder and on the end that goes into the VCR you will need either a scart plug or 3 phono leads. These should be coloured red & white for sterio sound & yellow for the picture.
    Some camcorders will take a standard 3 phono lead, or others like my Sony take a jack plug with the 3 phono plugs on the other end. Dedicated leads like these are normally supplied with the camcorder.

Mark.

3. lotanookie

lotanookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks mark e . i have got my cables confused i bought an sv cable plugged it in to camcorder then other end into scart and then placed three phono plugs in there is sound on camcorder but not coming through the tv