JVC N5/RS1000/N7/RS2000 NX9/RS3000 owners thread

if something seems too good to be true maybe it is?

dont blame you for being cautious as even at a very good price it must still have been a large sum of money

seems odd to buy an NX9 and "only operate it in meetings" but also include 3D kit in the sale? if i am looking at the right ad

Wouldn't want anyone to get burnt with this as it's a lot of money and currently bidding at £3,200.
its a lot of cash. and buy online with peril and especially something like this id like to see for myself.

personally with any ebay transition-purchase i wouldn't handle payment out side of ebay. too much to loose ...and id just use regular pay pal. no idea about any PayPal after pay thing, id just take the regular PayPal payment through ebay. this ways you have full PayPal protection and if turns out to be a dud can just send it back and get your money back !

i agree about inspection pre purchase at this level from an unknown seller but i guess not possible till covid restrictions lifted

I can guarantee that some forum members have read this and are frantically messaging the seller on ebay 😂
😂🤣😂🤣

Just be safe guys.

It's burning me as he was prepared to accept my offer, but something just didn't seem right.

😂🤣😂🤣

Just be safe guys.

It's burning me as he was prepared to accept my offer, but something just didn't seem right.
where i am, scams are so common across the popular platforms like ebay / car sales... its usually folk wanting to buy or sell, infact they dont even want you money... usually just want your details. bank and other details :D identity theft is their main game !

seems odd to buy an NX9 and "only operate it in meetings" but also include 3D kit in the sale? if i am looking at the right ad
Yeah the wording of the advert, just seemed a little off too. Who buys a flagship home cinema projector a year ago at or near the value of the rrp, then only uses it for meetings totaling 67 hours....but also has 3d glasses? 🤔

I'm just bitter because it seems too good to be true and I was so close.

Sometimes you can fall on little gems like this, where someone either doesn't know what they are selling, wants a quick sale, or selling a beloved ones belongings that have passed away. I've actually encountered this last scenario and my morals and integrity wouldn't allow me to take advantage of a recent widow. I had to inform her of the true market value of what she was selling, which she was grateful for, but was more concerned about it going to an actual enthusiast, than someone trying to make a profit.

So it can happen.

If it is legit and someone on here wins it please don't tell me, as I'll be super devastated 😢😂🤣😂😳

Hands up now if you’ve got that N9 on your eBay watch list 😉
Of course, through sheer curiosity to see how much they try and scam someone for.

The eBay SMS is fake and therefore so are the links for payment, this is a known scam.
eBay and PayPal never send SMS with payment requests tied to them.

The eBay account will be a hacked one.

Just waiting to see if eBay pull it before the end of the auction now it's reported.

@alebonau, thanks for your help on the Sony 760 thread with the banding/posterisation.

I really wanted the 760 to work for me as I have the opportunity to get a top laser projector second hand. And the brighter scenes are spectacular.

But the black level and banding especially on HDR is really unacceptable to me, and then there’s no DTM. Looking forward to my back ordered N7.

My impressions also confirmed with this subtitled shootout.

Last edited:
@alebonau, thanks for your help on the Sony 760 thread with the banding/posterisation.

I really wanted the 760 to work for me as I have the opportunity to get a top laser projector second hand. And the brighter scenes are spectacular.

But the black level and banding especially on HDR is really unacceptable to me, and then there’s no DTM. Looking forward to my back ordered N7.

My impressions also confirmed with this subtitled shootout.

May I please ask how long you have been told before delivery?

Thought I'd be cheeky and asked if they would accept offers, thinking I would be shut down immediately and they divulged a reserve price.

I offered the reserve price which was amazing and then proceeded to converse over fleabay messaging on how to conclude the transaction.

Received a very convincing articulated message about the restrictions of covid and travelling and was offered PayPal PAD (payment after delivery).....never heard if this until today or alternatively and van escrow.

I researched paypal PAD and it all seemed legit, with the ability to try the product first and if satisfied, release payment held by PayPal, which all seemed very appealing at this point.

Then I was asked for contact details, name address contact number.....at this point I started to get a little bit nervous as I know these details are normally revealed after you win an auction.

I went against my better judgement because of the deal and proceeded to send my contact details. I then got a warning message from ebay stating I couldn't send my message as it appeared I was sending contact details.

I sent my mobile number (I knew this was risky) to see how this PayPal PAD thing all worked.

Then I received a WhatsApp message asking for full name and address so he could send an invoice for the PayPal PAD arrangement. At this point I'd already looked up PayPal PAD online and it all seemed above board.

They then messaged me and asked if had received the invoice....I checked ebay and PayPal...not received anything.

I then got a SMS text from ebay with instructions on how to proceed with PayPal PAD.

It then took me to a PayPal invoice with my name, address and amount agreed....with further instructions on how to proceed making payment to the PayPal holding account and additional links in the invoice for PayPal help.

At this point alarm bell were ringing all over the place and my initial thought of "this is too good to be true" we're starting to ring true.

I informed the seller that I wasn't familiar with PayPal PAD and didn't feel comfortable proceeding down this route.

I asked them to propose a direct offer to myself on fleabay and I would pay the full amount agreed by credit card today, thus protecting us both in the eventually that anything went wrong.

They highlighted that payment wouldn't go directly to them, but would be held in PayPal holding account until I was happy with the product.

I declined again and they politely left it there. No interest in going through ebay via credit card today.

I could be wrong and it might be legit....and I know before you all lecture me that my first mistake was deviating from the parameters of fleabay, but I got caught up in the possibily of snatching a JVC NX9 for a ridiculous price.

If anyone knows this individual and can vouch for them, then I apologise for casting doubt....but it all just started to feel like they were phishing.

Wouldn't want anyone to get burnt with this as it's a lot of money and currently bidding at £3,200.
In sure just like many others I was watching this out of curiosity as it's way out of my budget and needs but I've got to ask, how much did they want for it?

In sure just like many others I was watching this out of curiosity as it's way out of my budget and needs but I've got to ask, how much did they want for it?

I offered him the reserved price of £3,800 so you can see why I was so eager to try and lock it in. I assumed they didn't really know what they were selling due to the description remarks of "used only in meetings" (67 hours in total) and the ridiculously low reserved price.

Obviously after the whole eBay sms text invoice debacle, I suspected this was fraudulent also due to the fact that when tried to manoeuvr our dealing back through Ebayer or PayPal only, they didn't seem interested.

I just hope the winning bidder doesn't get stung.

I offered him the reserved price of £3,800 so you can see why I was so eager to try and lock it in. I assumed they didn't really know what they were selling due to the description remarks of "used only in meetings" (67 hours in total) and the ridiculously low reserved price.

Obviously after the whole eBay sms text invoice debacle, I suspected this was fraudulent also due to the fact that when tried to manoeuvr our dealing back through Ebayer or PayPal only, they didn't seem interested.

I just hope the winning bidder doesn't get stung.
Yeah at that price I would of done the exact same thing and just like you I wouldn't of gone through with it after they kept wanting payment that way. They could of easily ended the auction and you paid them cash. I don't believe the covid restrictions as an excuse. As people say when something is to go to be true but then again you never know they might not know what they were selling.

The bit that struck me was the only used in meetings, who the hell would spend £18k on a projector for meetings. Comes back to the old, you never know.

If the buyer pays on their credit card they should be ok.

Did you ask where they bought it from and if they had the receipt? Could still be fake but if they had those details it would seem more legit. £7,301 is still amazing especially if it's real and only has 67 hours.

Yeah at that price I would of done the exact same thing and just like you I wouldn't of gone through with it after they kept wanting payment that way. They could of easily ended the auction and you paid them cash. I don't believe the covid restrictions as an excuse. As people say when something is to go to be true but then again you never know they might not know what they were selling.

The bit that struck me was the only used in meetings, who the hell would spend £18k on a projector for meetings. Comes back to the old, you never know.

If the buyer pays on their credit card they should be ok.

Did you ask where they bought it from and if they had the receipt? Could still be fake but if they had those details it would seem more legit. £7,301 is still amazing especially if it's real and only has 67 hours.

100% agree.

They never divulged where they bought it from but stated they had owned it from new, with receipt, original box and all accessories.

Even though I feel there's something not right with this, there's a small part of me that's guttered as this particular projector is way out of my league in terms of rrp price and is still an absolute steal even at £7,301.

I informed the seller that I wasn't comfortable with the whole text invoice thing and offered to pay the full reserved price of £3800 via PayPal...through Ebayer and his response was "no problem, I understand, thank you for your time"

For me the risk was too great and alarm bells were screaming!

Like I said before, I hope this is real and genuine and someone doesn't get diddled out of £7,000 but there were too many inconsistencies for my liking.

if its real then £7301 is a robbery

i only noticed late on that the seller is located in birmingham - i wonder what the answer would have been if i had asked to inspect as i am local?

the 3D kit also worried me too as the emitter and2 pairs of xpands would be about £250 and surely only of use to an AV enthusiast?

its an epic PJ for sure but at that money i think i would rather buy an N7 brand new as with some negotiating i bet it would not have cost a lot more

I have question about HDR / Theater optimizer.

Is any way to configure it that way that normal (mixed, bright) HDR (or DV via HD Fury hack) scenes will look normal (like low/medium settings on Theater optimizer) but very dark scenes will be brighten up automatically?

For very dark movies (when almost all movie is dark) I can use high HDR settings. But for mixed content - where there are very dark scenes mixed with bright scenes High setting in Theater optimizer don't work. It creates problem for normal/bright scenes - they are too bright...

I tried LLDV hack via HD Fury - but this didn't resolve that problem...
Or I don't known how to properly setup it...

Yesterday I watched second season of Altered carbon on Netflix. And in last 3 - 4 episodes there are many very dark / very low contrast scenes from caves / virtual world mixed with normal / high contrast / very bright scenes. I understand that is intended by creators, but that was very problematic to watch..

PS. NX7, 150" 1.0 gain ALR screen configured in JVC config, controlled room, Apple TV as source..

PS. NX7, 150" 1.0 gain ALR screen configured in JVC config, controlled room, Apple TV as source..
this is a very large screen really and gain at 1.0 is also low, what sort of throw ? what sort of luminance are you achieving on screen ? if well below 30FL can you move the projector closer for closest throw for maximum luminance ?

this is a very large screen really and gain at 1.0 is also low, what sort of throw ? what sort of luminance are you achieving on screen ? if well below 30FL can you move the projector closer for closest throw for maximum luminance ?

This is not a problem with to big screen - as I told normal HDR/DV content (90% cases) is looking great...
Problem is with some very dark very low contrast scenes in some movies/TV-series - which are dark by creators (producer) intention. Usually they are too dark also on LG OLED...

Is any way to automatically brighten-up using some configuration on JVC (or HD-Fury LLDV hack)? In that way, that normal/mixed/bright content which now looks OK (that 90% cases) will not be modified?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom