JVC N5/RS1000/N7/RS2000 NX9/RS3000 owners thread

I want Epson, jvc and Sony to continue to release new projectors with improvements to software and hardware FYI.
This is not a jvc specific critique
fair enough...but keep in mind these are japanese companies we are dealing with, they tend to work on continuous improvement ... ie small steps to continuously improve. rather than the big huge risky steps... but do when needed take the big risky but it will be more rare and generational where current tech can no longer support :)

See how long and how many years sony using the same platform even with native 4k all improvements are just incremental since. epsons even from 9000 to 9200 to 9300 to 9400 is more incremental than people realise.... similar to X3 to x30 to x35 to x500 to x5000, it was N5 that brought a whole new platform, native 4k and such. I suspect if history is any guide we will have a n50 and n55 before likely a n500 or n5000 and the iterations to follow...at what point will JVC take a significant step forward dont know... and am not even talking laser here... i suspect that will be a separate Z range... likely a sub model to the Z1 thats been around a long time now :) but is still a beast !

It scares me to buy a jvc projector for 7k and it be outdated within 6-12 months, I’d prefer more regular predictable upgrade cycles
you cannot be scared of buying something new and something newer coming out. or you'd never buy anything new ! there is always likely something around the corner, if not from brand itself then another brand :) at some point have to put money down and stop and smell the roses :) when do that is upto you. I for one didnt buy into N series when came out... I didnt want to be a bleeding edger in this case (even had my retailer and people close telling me dont buy ! )... even though was first the world (yep not kidding) unboxing a x7000 ! which was still only an incremental from the x700 when I bought in.....I got great resale on my x7000 when I sold mine years (4+) later when sold mine - as the 2 subsequent models released afterwards in x7500 and x7900 most knew were only small incremental updates

...whether buy new as bleeding edger or down track just comes down to enjoying what have... or buying into something new (which might be unknown quantity) and paying price of privilege or something new, or buying down the track for cheaper and also missing out over that time of not enjoying the new beast... these are all going to be individual decisions ... which am sure everyone will make on balance of whats important to them...whether mine is one year younger than one bought a year earlier I dont expect will have much bearing in resale either. projects hours probably more important.

the interesting thing is ... i have not see one single N series being sold 2nd hand where I am.. and its been nearly 2 years since release ...how spooky is that ...given price of resale is driven by supply and demand...I have a feeling resale of N series is going to be VERY good :) regardless of when you bought one :)

fair enough...but keep in mind these are japanese companies we are dealing with, they tend to work on continuous improvement ... ie small steps to continuously improve. rather than the big huge risky steps... but do when needed take the big risky but it will be more rare and generational where current tech can no longer support :)

See how long and how many years sony using the same platform even with native 4k all improvements are just incremental since. epsons even from 9000 to 9200 to 9300 to 9400 is more incremental than people realise.... similar to X3 to x30 to x35 to x500 to x5000, it was N5 that brought a whole new platform, native 4k and such. I suspect if history is any guide we will have a n50 and n55 before likely a n500 or n5000 and the iterations to follow...at what point will JVC take a significant step forward dont know... and am not even talking laser here... i suspect that will be a separate Z range... likely a sub model to the Z1 thats been around a long time now :) but is still a beast !

you cannot be scared of buying something new and something newer coming out. or you'd never buy anything new ! there is always likely something around the corner, if not from brand itself then another brand :) at some point have to put money down and stop and smell the roses :) when do that is upto you. I for one didnt buy into N series when came out... I didnt want to be a bleeding edger in this case (even had my retailer and people close telling me dont buy ! )... even though was first the world (yep not kidding) unboxing a x7000 ! which was still only an incremental from the x700 when I bought in.....I got great resale on my x7000 when I sold mine years (4+) later when sold mine - as the 2 subsequent models released afterwards in x7500 and x7900 most knew were only small incremental updates

...whether buy new as bleeding edger or down track just comes down to enjoying what have... or buying into something new (which might be unknown quantity) and paying price of privilege or something new, or buying down the track for cheaper and also missing out over that time of not enjoying the new beast... these are all going to be individual decisions ... which am sure everyone will make on balance of whats important to them...whether mine is one year younger than one bought a year earlier I dont expect will have much bearing in resale either. projects hours probably more important.

the interesting thing is ... i have not see one single N series being sold 2nd hand where I am.. and its been nearly 2 years since release ...how spooky is that ...given price of resale is driven by supply and demand...I have a feeling resale of N series is going to be VERY good :) regardless of when you bought one :)

I would buy something new.. when it is newly released. I follow this logic with everything (cameras, laptops, GPUs, etc.)

If a devices release cycle in 2-3 years, I am going to struggle to justify buying it in its third year without a heavy discount knowing a refresh will come in a years time.

As I said, the features I'm interested in (HDMI 2.1, VRR) I'd be absolutely gutted if the newer PJ supported them.

i doubt if early adoption of the next N series range will be much of a risk as it will no doubt use the same chassis and much of the same components as the current models

good point about lack of N series being sold pre owned - i think i have seen maybe one N5 on this forum

just had a great night in (not so much of a surprise there) watching Tremors 4K HDR disk and from Russia with love on blu ray. even threw in an episode of 24 day 5 on DVD and that looked pretty decent given the low resolution

still loving the N5 for sure - maybe my favourite possession after the Targa

I understand where he is coming from because I need to upgrade my projector also and WANT an N5 or N7, but am nervous to pull the trigger because it would suck if a new model was released next fall that had some significant new feature(s)

Of course here in the states can’t even find one to begin with right now with all of the inventory sold out, so it’s a moot point

I understand where he is coming from because I need to upgrade my projector also and WANT an N5 or N7, but am nervous to pull the trigger because it would suck if a new model was released next fall that had some significant new feature(s)

Of course here in the states can’t even find one to begin with right now with all of the inventory sold out, so it’s a moot point
After 5 years with an excellent X7000 after reading the reviews and owner comments on here I ordered an N7 back in September. The theory being winter coming and an inevitable UK lockdown...The N7 was then immediately out of stock, promised for November and then didn’t come until last week.

I had figured that even if JVC announced new models in Jan 2021 they would not really be available until possibly early 2022 and for me having 2 winters of use before any new model would leave me feeling comfortable having bought it. I am not a frequent updater of projectors having had an X3, the X7000 and now the N series in 10 years.

My dealer said they now don’t think there is anything new coming this year. Anyway- the N7 is so good, based on 2 days use, that for me I think I am not going to need anything else for a long time. It would have to be a big step forward or laser perhaps but they will be even more expensive.

i doubt if early adoption of the next N series range will be much of a risk as it will no doubt use the same chassis and much of the same components as the current models

good point about lack of N series being sold pre owned - i think i have seen maybe one N5 on this forum

just had a great night in (not so much of a surprise there) watching Tremors 4K HDR disk and from Russia with love on blu ray. even threw in an episode of 24 day 5 on DVD and that looked pretty decent given the low resolution

still loving the N5 for sure - maybe my favourite possession after the Targa
N series PJs won't sell pre owned until the new one comes out.

IMO there is nothing to upgrade to from an N series projector because the DILA JVC black & contrast is just in a league of its own and will leave most owners who do 'upgrade' missing the JVC contrast.

JVC knocked it out of the park with this PJ IMO. It was so god damn future proofed in:
1. Resolution
2. Contrast and blacks
3. Processing power

The most impressive from a PJ brand is processing power. Normally companies go cheap on this but JVC didn't and it allowed for them to make the HDR experience even better throughout the product's life cycle.

They are my far my favourite PJ company outside of their customer service reports.

Epson, Sony need to learn from them.

Certainly not planning on replacing my N7 for a good few years!!

I've had the yellow tinge of doom at the bottom of my N7 for a few months now. My dealer is coming to collect it to return to JVC.

It looks like a few people have had this problem on the forum - how have JVC resolved it for you? I've had horrible experiences with JVC in the past and I want to be reassured that they're not just going to palm me off somehow...

IMG_8791.JPG

I've had the yellow tinge of doom at the bottom of my N7 for a few months now. My dealer is coming to collect it to return to JVC.

It looks like a few people have had this problem on the forum - how have JVC resolved it for you? I've had horrible experiences with JVC in the past and I want to be reassured that they're not just going to palm me off somehow...

View attachment 1452598
Thats really bad made. Not excusable.

View attachment 1452598
That's like mine but is blue instead.
received_1084090248679292.jpeg

good to hear dealer is coming to party :) hopefully its soon sorted and have a good N7 back to enjoy with the lovely things these are !

View attachment 1452598
It looks like enough for them to at least see it, I had yellow in the bottom left corner only on my previous N7, Neither JVC , my dealer or a well known calibrator could replicate or see it, I ended up going with an N5 and no sign of the issue in my setup, a very strange one indeed. Hope you get sorted.

Over on the other forum this Ruipro hdmi voltage insertor keeps cropping up, it’s supposed to stop the hdmi board being “tripped when using an active optical cable which requires a trip to JVC repair for a reset.
What’s your thoughts on this ?, I’ve been using a 15m Ruipro for quite sometime with no issues.

good to hear dealer is coming to party :) hopefully its soon sorted and have a good N7 back to enjoy with the lovely things these are !
Yes my dealer is really good - it's JVC I'm worried about, given my past experience.

Has anyone had this or similar issues actually fixed by JVC, or heard of anyone that has had theirs fixed?

Yes my dealer is really good - it's JVC I'm worried about, given my past experience.

Has anyone had this or similar issues actually fixed by JVC, or heard of anyone that has had theirs fixed?
I've been waiting months for a new one. Hopefully should get it this month.

I've been waiting months for a new one. Hopefully should get it this month.
At least they've admitted it and are supplying a new one - that's reassuring. Presumably the delays are (supposedly) Covid related: that's what my dealer has been telling me about JVC.

Hope you get yours back soon.

Hi all,
I have just purchased the N5,
I see there is an Adjustment Screen on page 24 of the manual
but i cannot see this in the menu, how do i get this on screen ?
The image pattern is set to ON.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

If it’s the Zoom shift etc your looking for just press the lens control button on your remote

Thanks Flicks.
What i'm trying to do is tell the projector what aspect ratio my screen is.

Thanks again.

Thanks Flicks
It's looking better now.
Steep learning curve after using the JVC HD1 for the last 13 years.
cheers mate.

I have had the N7 for a week today and have experimented with various settings and I’m delighted with the performance and so glad that I upgraded to this. I’ve been mainly viewing the usual reference 4k discs and Apple 4K tv and everything looks stunning. But...

Last night was a complete revelation. My daughter wanted to watch Titanic. I did the usual hour of moaning about the lack of various James Cameron films in blu ray or 4K and although I knew it was on Sky I checked iTunes and Prime for other options as we don’t have the blu ray.

I eventually resigned myself to Sky and the HD version via our 10 year old Sky box in our cinema room. My wife is keen to negotiate a new deal and upgrade but for some reason I’ve not been keen.

Anyway - to say I’m amazed is an understatement. I have never seen the film look so good. The N7 did an incredible job in terms of detail, colour and lighting and it was pure joy to watch it. It’s a long film, and not one of my favourites even though I admire the craft of it, and it flew by. I loved it and got fully drawn into the film. The picture had a stability but filmic quality I’ve not experienced before. I’m keen to throw less than perfect source material at it now.

It’s an amazing projector.

i am going through my old 24 box set on DVD and watched a couple of episodes on my N5. i was surprised how really decent the image of DVD quality was at 106" on the N5.

not surprised you are enjoying the N7 - it is a considered purchase of course but a stunning bit of kit for sure

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom