GiKelQH.jpg

FiU4l1K.jpg

I0jOvGO.jpg

Y5GdjYa.jpg

97bXbke.jpg

8OS3uyS.jpg

Nice. What model is that?

bog standard N5

Nothing bog standard about it. They look beautiful.

Bit tongue in cheek it is amazing in action

not a batcave room but decent - good light control, dark furnishings, rug and curtains with dark grey ceiling and caramel walls - I do use a React ALR screen which helps as well - not sure making my lounge into a black hole would improve the image enough to do the work and live with the results - i am happy as is for now

Last edited:
Thank You for those Screenshots :) its awesome to see for those like me you have to wait a bit more until they can get their own JVC ;)

Decisions.
VW iD 3 1st (its a car)
N5
N7 (worth the extra? I have a bat cave)
Help me decide. And are the JVCs discounted anywhere yet. Any deals about?
Currently got a JVC RS46 to trade in.

Decisions.
VW iD 3 1st (its a car)
N5
Ricky at Kalibrate has a used N7 with only 100 hours in it. Might be worth giving him a call.

Don’t think I get a lightly used one when spending that much tbh

Surely it would depend on how much he was willing to throw off it.
brand-dark.svg
About our ads
You may also like

Decisions.
VW iD 3 1st (its a car)
N5
car is sensible but who wants that

N5 or N7 is tough - £2k is £2k after all - i only went for the N5 and i am delighted with it after 1150 hours since March 2019 - it throws stunning images from 1080p or 4K disks

if you have a batcave room then maybe the extra colour saturation and native contrast would show in your room

you probably need to see both in a good demo room but that is not easy to do - as only you can decide if you see enough benefit - i have not seen anyone with an N7 say they wished they had bought the cheaper one

i did not get a huge amount off when i bought mine but i didnt expect to as i had one of the earliest ones in the UK back in March last year - someone i know got a very decent deal combining an N7 and 2 SVS SB4000 subs from a well known UK dealer. cant hurt to ask around. i wonder about stock levels though in these times. seem some good prices on ebay from EU dealers but wouldnt do it personally especially post brexit - warranty concerns

My current JVC is 14.8kg
I see the N7 is 19.8kg.
ouch!
I think I’ll need to update my ceiling mount. Any recommendations?

seem some good prices on ebay from EU dealers but wouldnt do it personally especially post brexit - warranty concerns
After asking JVC directly about European warranty within the UK I wouldn't touch an import with a bargepole. I was extremely surprised with Kalibrate's pricing in comparison to the eBay foreign listings.

JVC UK will only honour 1 year of warranty for purchases made elsewhere in Europe, the remainder of any offered warranty would fall to the supplying retailer and require shipment back to that country for inspection/repair.

This was enough of an incentive to stick with Authorised UK resellers as realistically I wouldn't want to be shipping the projector across the continent after year 1. So really it's 1 year vs 3 years from JVC UK.

Until you start making enquiries with UK resellers you're puzzled by the disparity in pricing, however, as I said above, you'll be pleasantly surprised when you do enquire.

The less than 100 hour unit from Kalibrate is likely my recently purchased N7, which didn't work out for me as I was more satisfied with the image thrown by my X9500 and decided ultimately to remain with it, Ricky was kind enough to help with this. (This is entirely subjective and I'm sure most would prefer the N5/N7 and the additional HDR benefits).

The projector was literally a brand new unit used for around 2 weeks, likely a great bargain for someone.

Last edited:
very wise advice and shame the N7 wasnt for you although i understand the X9500 is some projector

My current JVC is 14.8kg
I see the N7 is 19.8kg.
ouch!
I think I’ll need to update my ceiling mount. Any recommendations?

Peerless all the way.

1593527800035.png

I second the peerless.

I second the peerless.
Isn’t the peerless right on the limit of the weight of the N series ?, I know when I let go my x7900 after sliding it in things tend to sag quite a lot and that’s 5 kg lighter.

Isn’t the peerless right on the limit of the weight of the N series ?, I know when I let go my x7900 after sliding it in things tend to sag quite a lot and that’s 5 kg lighter.

The mount I posted is meant to be capable of approximately 23Kg load but I suppose at 20Kg it’s close to the limits.

I’m sure someone like Allan from IdealAV or Ricky from Kalibrate should be able to advise the best mount for the job as they both sell and probably fit these projectors.

Last edited:
Peerless is certified to 22kg (from memory) , but I have put more pressure/weight on one and has been fine (to test), so would likely take more, although not certified.

When you sag, are you talking in a specific direction. Or just the bars flexing on installation. Flexing on bars is expected, but directional sag, you may need to adjust the centre of gravity.

Seems fine and solid to me. It's been up since November and hasn't once hit the floor.

Peerless is certified to 22kg (from memory) , but I have put more pressure/weight on one and has been fine (to test), so would likely take more, although not certified.

When you sag, are you talking in a specific direction. Or just the bars flexing on installation. Flexing on bars is expected, but directional sag, you may need to adjust the centre of gravity.

Yes basically just Sag on the arms Ricky, it’s also odd how there’s such tiny rivets on the mount part, maybe 2 M4 screws ?. Can’t remember offhand now as I don’t touch it.

I only have 2 100mm coach bolts on the ceiling plate into a joist not 4 but that part seems rock solid, I can do pull ups on that... well no I can’t but its strong!.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom