JVC N5/RS1000/N7/RS2000 NX9/RS3000 owners thread

In July I purchased a Denon AVR-X4500 at £950
It arrived via DPD and the box was battered, with something loose inside the box.
Phoned the dealer to reject it and they promptly sent a replacement.
I didn’t even open it.
If I was purchasing a Projector at 5K I would be quite happy driving a couple of hours to pick it up from a dealer.
Maybe the above poster could upload a photo of the battered package.

Attachments

• BA69CF87-826A-4ABA-9AC3-0CA9AD430FFE.jpeg
    BA69CF87-826A-4ABA-9AC3-0CA9AD430FFE.jpeg
    296 KB · Views: 83
I had to have mine replaced due to a loose lens assembly and poor convergence.. new one is fine.

I received my N5 last week and ceiling mounted it. The upside down menu was looking ok and when I flipped it in the menu the convergence was way off. Been doing a lot of testing and posting on AVSForum about it.

I have got it pretty good but the maximum of two pixels wasn’t nowhere near enough and I had to use -28 on the fine setting as well.

How far out was yours and what is the replacement like for comparison?

Mine is being collected on Monday

thanks

Graham

I would think they should specify the repair, so there is documentation for the specifik repair as that would have to be covered by new warrenty on those parts. Think there is a law for that here in -denmark, ill try check with some of my connections in the consumer electronic repair buisness.

Here is a few pics of my RS2000 box, after i removed the outer box.
20190923_125107.jpg
20190923_125212.jpg
20190923_125258.jpg

DPD used to take great care with deliveries and were the best of the bunch, not so now.
If I was to purchase say an N7 I would go the route of having it setup and thoroughly checked for convergence, lens sharpness etc and possibly a basic ootb calibration, then with acknowledgment from the dealer everything is spot on I would arrange a private door to door courier, in my case very expensive as my preferred dealer and I are opposite ends of the UK.

My N7 arrived today with Panasonic 9000, although won't get to install until the weekend, gonna be a long few days!! What have people used for calibrating the Nx PJs? I used HCFR with an x-rite i1Display for calibrating my X30 and was very happy with the results.

I am planning to use the JVC autocal with a new Spyder5Pro, but I was wondering whether I should also calibrate the colour using HCFR? If so can anyone recommend some HDR test patterns and can these be burnt to disk?

The spyder 5 will likely trow it more off than it is from factory, you can manually calibrate it using the JVC software and the Xrite/ HCFR, you should however get the i1Display pro profiled to a reference first, if not you can use it to check gamma tracking, but you will have to go with the grayscale with a bit of perceptual help, and not touch the color manegment settings.

What you can do is check contrast by adding the difusor to the Xrite and turn it to the lens, and then measure different points of the image, specially the corners, as if they are way off you will likely prefer to get the unit replaced, and measuring it a good way of documenting it.

Hcfr can be used as test pattern generator on a laptop with HDMI out, however you will most likely get RGB out of the laptop, and the JVC dont work well with RGB signals.

I'm hoping to purchase an N7 from @Seriously Ltd they're pretty on the ball with getting deliveries etc organised.

further review of the N7 after frame adapt HDR installed - he was clearly struggling to find negatives if he criticised the remote

does confirm the $1000 price rise for the N7 in USA market place

Giddy update on bricked N5:

My newly working N5 will be delivered back to me tomorrow.......by DPD. I asked if there was another courier they could use but got the old 'we have a contract with them, etc'.

o_O

At least it will be in proper JVC packaging and any issues in transit will be on JVC...but it was either this or wait another few weeks for me to be able to drive down and collect it. Nervous.......but so ruddy excited! Its been just under three weeks without a projector and I can honestly say watching movies without it sucks. Hard.

My baby will be home tomorrow!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!

hope all goes well

the N5 is so darned good that I very rarely don't use it for at least 2 hours a day

Could one of you fine fellows tell me what the box dimensions are for these things - mines on it's way out but the boxed is in the depths of the attic currently. Hopefully have my replacement N7 ordred from @Seriously Ltd in the next day or so.

thanks.

I know lot of people who likes and enjoy good JVC samples, and have i seen multiple JVC projectors that delivered to contrast specs and better, what we were discussing was what aceptable tolerances should be?
what do you think is aceptable variation from unit to unit.?

The last 2 pages of this owner thread have been about your quest to know these various tolerance levels etc. You keep on hammering the same nail. Start a new thread already labelled “Varying tolerance levels JVC projectors”. I assume other people reading this thread might want to read about owner experiences and tips and tricks for their JVC range. If we each start our own personal vendetta’s it will become unmanagable.

Last edited:
Final report of the once-bricked N5......….

It arrived back from DPD in one piece in all original packaging (which I now have to return to JVC!) and just got it hung. They'd done a factory reset so after much faffing about getting it square on to the screen, its in situ, and working like a charm. Obviously no green bars or any such shenanigans, just that wonderful JVC picture I've always loved and missed...…..

So for all my moaning, its been a week and a half of liaison with JVC over email to identify the issue, and 12 days from pick up to return repaired. During which time, they kept me fully up to speed with progress and it appears they've replaced all the damaged case parts from the previous transit completely free of charge.

I can't fault JVC for their service here (nor Allan at Ideal AV). Sure they may have been a little quiet on the actual problem and what caused it, but I can understand that. Its been exemplary service from them and one that most certainly will keep me returning to JVC as my first choice for projectors in the future.

We all know that crap happens. We can't expect it not to, especially with ever increasingly complex kit such as this. But the measure of a company for me is how they deal with things like this and JVC have been great.

One happy camper is now reunited with his precious...…….:love:

Back to marvelling at its performance and drooling over future updates!

Last edited:

It arrived back from DPD in one piece in all original packaging (which I now have to return to JVC!) and just got it hung. They'd done a factory reset so after much faffing about getting it square on to the screen, its in situ, and working like a charm. Obviously no green bars or any such shenanigans, just that wonderful JVC picture I've always loved and missed...…..

So for all my moaning, its been a week and a half of liaison with JVC over email to identify the issue, and 12 days from pick up to return repaired. During which time, they kept me fully up to speed with progress and it appears they've replaced all the damaged case parts from the previous transit completely free of charge.

I can't fault JVC for their service here (nor Allan at Ideal AV). Sure they may have been a little quiet on the actual problem and what caused it, but I can understand that. Its been exemplary service from them and one that most certainly will keep me returning to JVC as my first choice for projectors in the future.

We all know that crap happens. We can't expect it not to, especially with ever increasingly complex kit such as this. But the measure of a company for me is how they deal with things like this and JVC have been great.

Good to be back in business dude!!! Im guessing you have lost all the calibrated settings? If so, are you getting it calibrated again further down the line?

Enjoy the 4k goodness back on the big screen Coz, very happy for you.:clap:

Mine with terrible convergence and suspected lack of sharpness has gone back to Habitech (Service agents for JVC and others?). You say JVC have kept you up to date with the progress.

My experience has been rather different. I am asking for a new PJ because mine was terrible new out of the box. However I was told they need to look at it first.

I phoned them to see how it was going but was told to go through the dealer. I emailed the dealer twice over a couple of days and then sent a text. I am still waiting to hear back.

It has only been about a week but after hearing of a quick turnaround from others I was hoping to have at least heard something. Perhaps I am impatient but I really think it should have been replaced straight away. Apologies for venting

Mine with terrible convergence and suspected lack of sharpness has gone back to Habitech (Service agents for JVC and others?). You say JVC have kept you up to date with the progress.

My experience has been rather different. I am asking for a new PJ because mine was terrible new out of the box. However I was told they need to look at it first.

I phoned them to see how it was going but was told to go through the dealer. I emailed the dealer twice over a couple of days and then sent a text. I am still waiting to hear back.

It has only been about a week but after hearing of a quick turnaround from others I was hoping to have at least heard something. Perhaps I am impatient but I really think it should have been replaced straight away. Apologies for venting

if yours was that bad ottb I would of gone via the dealer for replacement.

Finally got my N7 and UB9000 up and running. No messing around yet, letting them run in for a bit. But OMG! the out-of-the-box HDR performance is amazing! :thumbsup:

Only minor gripe, need to call dealer on Monday as remote is dead :thumbsdow although not major issue as I was able to use my old X30 remote.

Cannot wait to get some hours on the lamp and calibrate. :cool:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom