JVC N5/RS1000/N7/RS2000 NX9/RS3000 owners thread

Are you going direct to the PJ, or through the HDFury already?

The HDfury could work if you specified MACCLL to say, 500 or 1000 nits. Then the source player should product LLDV at that MAXCLL level, which is then low enough so that the JVC keeps the overall brightness higher, at the cost of losing overall dynamic range.

Are you going direct to the PJ, or through the HDFury already?

The HDfury could work if you specified MACCLL to say, 500 or 1000 nits. Then the source player should product LLDV at that MAXCLL level, which is then low enough so that the JVC keeps the overall brightness higher, at the cost of losing overall dynamic range.

It's going via HDFury...
I don't have problems with highlights - JVC Frame Adapt in HDR / HDFury Dolby Vision hack shows highlights in content very well..

I use 400 nits MAX luminance settings... But this is for limiting (tone mapping) highlights... Not for brighten-up very dark very low contrast scenes...

Question is: is there any settings in Dolby Vision Data block in HD-Fury (or JVC any settings menu) which can help with very dark very low contrast scenes without touching normal/mixed/bright scenes in movies?
Zrzut ekranu 2021-02-22 o 16.40.03.png

100% agree.

They never divulged where they bought it from but stated they had owned it from new, with receipt, original box and all accessories.

Even though I feel there's something not right with this, there's a small part of me that's guttered as this particular projector is way out of my league in terms of rrp price and is still an absolute steal even at £7,301.

I informed the seller that I wasn't comfortable with the whole text invoice thing and offered to pay the full reserved price of £3800 via PayPal...through Ebayer and his response was "no problem, I understand, thank you for your time"

For me the risk was too great and alarm bells were screaming!

Like I said before, I hope this is real and genuine and someone doesn't get diddled out of £7,000 but there were too many inconsistencies for my liking.
Looks like you did the right thing. There account must of been hacked as I just this message

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210223-143743.png
    Screenshot_20210223-143743.png
    583.2 KB · Views: 108
Looks like you did the right thing. There account must of been hacked as I just this message
😳 Wow!

We're you the winning bidder by any chance?

Sorry if you were, I'm just glad you or whoever it was didn't get stung by a piece of sh*t scum bag trying scam £7,000 from one us, home cinema enthusiast.

As the saying goes "if it looks too good to be true, the chances are it is"

Let this be a lesson to all of us.

Stay safe people and enjoy the journey to home cinema nirvana 😀👍🏼

It's going via HDFury...
I don't have problems with highlights - JVC Frame Adapt in HDR / HDFury Dolby Vision hack shows highlights in content very well..

I use 400 nits MAX luminance settings... But this is for limiting (tone mapping) highlights... Not for brighten-up very dark very low contrast scenes...

Question is: is there any settings in Dolby Vision Data block in HD-Fury (or JVC any settings menu) which can help with very dark very low contrast scenes without touching normal/mixed/bright scenes in movies?
View attachment 1465581
Seems to me like a simple case of crushed blacks. I would have it all calibrated by a professional with every device connected so the whole signal path is calibrated.

😳 Wow!

We're you the winning bidder by any chance?

Sorry if you were, I'm just glad you or whoever it was didn't get stung by a piece of sh*t scum bag trying scam £7,000 from one us, home cinema enthusiast.

As the saying goes "if it looks too good to be true, the chances are it is"

Let this be a lesson to all of us.

Stay safe people and enjoy the journey to home cinema nirvana 😀👍🏼
😂 There's no way in hell I would pay £7k for a car let alone a projector.

😂 There's no way in hell I would pay £7k for a car let alone a projector.
Didn't realise until you said, but I got the same message from fleabay too, must be a generic message to all involved 👍🏼

It's amazing how easy it is to get carried away when buying tech

I procrastinate over spending £15 on a T Shirt but 4 grand for a projector = sign me up!!

(Glad nobody got burned by that con artist on ebay)

Well I’m waiting for a back ordered N7 and was really tempted. Concerns about an invoice for the warranty put me off - thankfully.

It's amazing how easy it is to get carried away when buying tech

I procrastinate over spending £15 on a T Shirt but 4 grand for a projector = sign me up!!

(Glad nobody got burned by that con artist on ebay)
Everyone has something they spend money on.

I'll literally do the same but then spend £200+ on a night out and not batter an eyelid. Worse part, the only thing I get from it is a stinking hangover

I have question about HDR / Theater optimizer.

Is any way to configure it that way that normal (mixed, bright) HDR (or DV via HD Fury hack) scenes will look normal (like low/medium settings on Theater optimizer) but very dark scenes will be brighten up automatically?

For very dark movies (when almost all movie is dark) I can use high HDR settings. But for mixed content - where there are very dark scenes mixed with bright scenes High setting in Theater optimizer don't work. It creates problem for normal/bright scenes - they are too bright...

I tried LLDV hack via HD Fury - but this didn't resolve that problem...
Or I don't known how to properly setup it...

Yesterday I watched second season of Altered carbon on Netflix. And in last 3 - 4 episodes there are many very dark / very low contrast scenes from caves / virtual world mixed with normal / high contrast / very bright scenes. I understand that is intended by creators, but that was very problematic to watch..

PS. NX7, 150" 1.0 gain ALR screen configured in JVC config, controlled room, Apple TV as source..

Did you try Optimizer with High setting and reducing the Lens Aperture a few clicks? I also found bright scenes a bit too bright but well balanced at -4, Auto 2.

Wow that's shameless lol

hi @panman40 below are my appletv 4k setting as requested, really its just selecting match content "range & frame rate" not done anything else. it just ensures appleTV isnt doing anything over what the source is ... just delivering it as is,

1614233440313.png

for my disc players (pana ub9000 and oppo 205) they are just on factory setting, when i next boot them i can post what their settings are. my marantz processor is also on factory with regards video settings havent touched any of them or needed to.

hi @panman40 below are my appletv 4k setting as requested, really its just selecting match content "range & frame rate" not done anything else. it just ensures appleTV isnt doing anything over what the source is ... just delivering it as is,

View attachment 1466455

for my disc players (pana ub9000 and oppo 205) they are just on factory setting, when i next boot them i can post what their settings are. my marantz processor is also on factory with regards video settings havent touched any of them or needed to.
Thanks for that, I definately have match range and frame rate on but I think I have a different chroma And format I have 4k SDR, I wonder if that is no different to 4k hdr as long as match content are On ?.
Will be interested to see your Panasonic settings also.

An odd one is that sometimes match range and frame rate will turn themselves off .... I’m told this must be because I run both a TV and projector.

Thanks for that, I definately have match range and frame rate on but I think I have a different chroma And format I have 4k SDR, I wonder if that is no different to 4k hdr as long as match content are On ?.
Will be interested to see your Panasonic settings also.

dont know why have 4K SDR ? wont get HDR if have SDR I would have thought ? pana settings are just factory but can post for sure.

An odd one is that sometimes match range and frame rate will turn themselves off .... I’m told this must be because I run both a TV and projector.
is your TV 4k uhd capable as well ? in my case my TV is 1080p just for every day TV, the odd streaming, documentaries etc not worth putting up on the projector. I can check next time what happens when feeding my 1080p tv with regards appletv 4k settings.....

dont know why have 4K SDR ? wont get HDR if have SDR I would have thought ? pana settings are just factory but can post for sure.

is your TV 4k uhd capable as well ? in my case my TV is 1080p just for every day TV, the odd streaming, documentaries etc not worth putting up on the projector. I can check next time what happens when feeding my 1080p tv with regards appletv 4k settings.....

It just seems to be the chosen format to select on the Apple TV threads, presumably I will get hdr as long as match range is On ?. Same as if 4k hdr will give 4k sdr with sdr content ?.

yes my tv is now 4k uhd, I used to have very nice 1080p which is now upstairs.
I know I had to set ATV settings for the tv output and then again for the projector output, quite good feature I guess but odd why sometimes match content resets itself to off 😂

I’ve never set format or chroma, only match content for range & frame rate

I’ve not seen these change, but could be interaction of display capabilities. I always make sure to only use one display at time. 1080p tv or 4K jvc. Will report what says with 1080p tv. Also disc players

It just seems to be the chosen format to select on the Apple TV threads, presumably I will get hdr as long as match range is On ?. Same as if 4k hdr will give 4k sdr with sdr content ?.

yes my tv is now 4k uhd, I used to have very nice 1080p which is now upstairs.
I know I had to set ATV settings for the tv output and then again for the projector output, quite good feature I guess but odd why sometimes match content resets itself to off 😂

4k SDR is actually the right setting. This allows quicker syncing times for non HDR content, but will change to HDR when you get a relevant signal.

take a look here

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom