JVC MH300 stuck in standby !?!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Sborrone, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Sborrone

Sborrone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    As crazy as it seems the recorder is stuck in standby mode, it still completes the timer recordings I've setup ! It's driving me nuts, I can see the unit comes to life and starts recording and then watch helplessly as it completes and drops back to standby???:confused: Cant view anything though !

I've reset the device (Power button & Stop button) sevaral times in the hope that this time it's going to respond to the remote or me pressing buttons on the unit?

I've replaced the remote batteries with fresh ones thinking it's just the child lock but no way jose.

Unplugged the unit and left off for 10 minutes whilst I walked off ranting to myself taking an inordinate amount of time to make a cup of tea (that I left!)
    The unit comes on and flashes PLEASE WAIT just as the manual described - did it respond to my actions did it F udge...

Removed all connnections from the rear and started again, clinging onto a few straws just knowing I'm going to need them when I seat the unit on the kitchen table and glare at it !

To top this off - I like the damn thing, it's very good, it records stuff for the better half and we can watch pre-recorded material at the same time.

I've had it for 18 months now and dismissed 2 warranty extensions thinking "it'll never happen to me, besides I'll replace it in 3 years!"

Has anyone come across the unit "stuck in standyby mode" if so please help !!:lease:

2. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
  3. Paul2684

Paul2684

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had similar problems with my MH30 at 30 months old. Those nice JVC people swapped me over to a replacement unit free of charge when I cried in my beer to them on the phone. Give them a call - it may work for you as well.

4. Sborrone

Sborrone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks gents - unfortunately the sound on my unit "was" fine the only problem is trying to turn the blinking thing on!

I purchased Pana Ex85 yesterday (Saturday) as the JVC is around 18months old.

Will try and contact JVC support but don't hold out much hope...

Thanks again...