1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC-MH30 Nicam Recording Problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ehwlaw, Jan 21, 2005.

1. ehwlaw

ehwlaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It can record both channels of a bi-lingual programme either on the HDD. However there are situations when this function will fail:

1. When recording a bilingual programme on the HDD, if there is a DVD-R left in the machine, or if I insert a DVD-R into the machine during recording, only one language is recorded. The language that will be recorded is the one selected (main or sub) in the SETUP menu.

2. When a bilingual programme is being recorded on the HDD, if I start to view any program on the DVD drive with a media other than a DVD-R disc (I have tried a DVD-video, DVD-RAM, DVD-RW, but not a VCD for that matter), the sound recording will be affected - this time only a mono sound track is recorded. Worse still, both of the languages are recorded as MIXED into that channel. This is extremely annoying as there is no way to seperate them at playback - You have to listen to both languages at the same time!

A JVC technician insisted that he cannot simulate the above problems.

Before I bring my machine to the JVC lab for testing, can anybody who own or have used this machine confirm if my claims are valid?

Many thanks!

2. drmih

drmih

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to be totally off-topic, but I was interested in a JVC machine and can't find any information about how it presents the dvd-r it creates. It is not clear from the manuals whether it creates thumbnails on the finalised dvd-r menu - I know that you have the selection of several backgrounds, and the programme details, but want to know it it is like the tosh / pioneers with thumbnail images, or the old panasonics which were just a text list.

Hope that you can clarify this for me.

3. JohnW14

JohnW14

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ehwlaw are you based in the UK? I didn't think the UK had any bilingual transmissions so I'm not sure many people on this Forum will be able to assist.

4. ehwlaw

ehwlaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I live in Hong Kong. Lots of the drama or sports programmes are broadcasted in two languages.

5. ehwlaw

ehwlaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dirmh,

The DVD-R created are presented with thumbnails - in two rows, each with three pictures.

6. drmih

drmih

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks for that.