JVC LX-NZ3 vs Sony VPL-VW270ES

Shroddy9

Novice Member
Hi folks,

I'm looking to make a decision very soon on which projector to go for in our dedicated home theatre room. To clarify, this isn't a multi-purpose living room or anything else - it's purely a home theatre room. There are 2 narrow/tall windows on the right wall, so we'd need to invest in some roller blinds or a proper blockout solution to kill all light coming in (especially based on the projector's lumens and how affected its performance will be with a bit of light from the edges of the windows at the most)

After watching dozens and dozens of YouTube demos, reading handfuls of industry reviews, and scrolling through pages of user reviews and comments, I just cannot decide on which projector to go for.

I know that the Sony offers 1500 Lumens - meaning that the room really needs to remain as dark as possible to get the best image (very minimal to now ambient light) and that worries me a little bit because when compared to so many other projectors well above the 2600 or 3000 Lumens range, that seems very low for such a highly-regarded and expensive projector.

I was previously comparing the VPL-VW270ES with the Optoma ZK507 but I think I'm ready to let the Optoma go and stick with the incredible image quality of the Sony SXRD.

But now after watching a few other YouTube head-to-head comparisons, it seems like the JVC produces ALMOST as good of an image (if not arguably better) than the Sony, and it appeared much brighter and more vibrant!

I know this comparison is HEAVILY subjective according to personal preferences and opinions of which image looks best, but what's everyone's thought on these two projectors? Which would you choose? Thoughts?

Lastly - how much better/worse would either of these projectors perform on a 110 inch screen vs. 120 inch screen? I assume I'd be getting a better image on a smaller screen just by sheer condensing of pixels in a smaller area, but would both projectors still provide an incredible image at 120 inch instead of 110? Sorry if that's a silly question.

Thanks all!

michael1189

Hi folks,

I'm looking to make a decision very soon on which projector to go for in our dedicated home theatre room. To clarify, this isn't a multi-purpose living room or anything else - it's purely a home theatre room. There are 2 narrow/tall windows on the right wall, so we'd need to invest in some roller blinds or a proper blockout solution to kill all light coming in (especially based on the projector's lumens and how affected its performance will be with a bit of light from the edges of the windows at the most)

After watching dozens and dozens of YouTube demos, reading handfuls of industry reviews, and scrolling through pages of user reviews and comments, I just cannot decide on which projector to go for.

I know that the Sony offers 1500 Lumens - meaning that the room really needs to remain as dark as possible to get the best image (very minimal to now ambient light) and that worries me a little bit because when compared to so many other projectors well above the 2600 or 3000 Lumens range, that seems very low for such a highly-regarded and expensive projector.

I was previously comparing the VPL-VW270ES with the Optoma ZK507 but I think I'm ready to let the Optoma go and stick with the incredible image quality of the Sony SXRD.

But now after watching a few other YouTube head-to-head comparisons, it seems like the JVC produces ALMOST as good of an image (if not arguably better) than the Sony, and it appeared much brighter and more vibrant!

I know this comparison is HEAVILY subjective according to personal preferences and opinions of which image looks best, but what's everyone's thought on these two projectors? Which would you choose? Thoughts?

Lastly - how much better/worse would either of these projectors perform on a 110 inch screen vs. 120 inch screen? I assume I'd be getting a better image on a smaller screen just by sheer condensing of pixels in a smaller area, but would both projectors still provide an incredible image at 120 inch instead of 110? Sorry if that's a silly question.

Thanks all!

Larger the screen, dimmer the image

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom