1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC LT37DS6 (+Samsung HD850 DVD)

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Vulgar Fraction, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Vulgar Fraction

Vulgar Fraction

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I was looking to buy a new set, I found this forum very useful. So just wanted to share my experiences of the 37" JVC.

Bought from PRC Direct, who were unhelpful on the phone and stung me for a Saturday delivery. They also sent me the wrong stand (floor instead of desktop) but anyway the got it to me for the bank holiday weekend so all is good.

I'm really very pleased with it. The picture is very very good. I had a 28" panasonic CRT before and these seems much more in focus (like I've wiped vaseline from my eye balls..). There's no ghosting of the picture, although I suppose that the black level could be better when in a very dark room. Sky looks as good as it can. DVD is where the really impressive picture is.

I bought a samsung HD850 DVD at the same time, as had been using an xbox for DVD (games by the way, look very sharp, with no smearing). However love this new DVD player - it's got HDMI, upscaled picture and was only £85! The picture is awesome. Black Hawk Down, Starship Troopers and Once a Time in Mexico (superbit) look amazing. Not sure that the upscaling does a huge amount (I figure the picture is about 5% better when running 720p).

I haven't tried my PC yet, I hear the screen doesn't take many resolutions, but will input it through component as my ati card supports 720p / 1080i this way. Looking forward to watching some proper HDTV on the pc, but the dvd is more than good enough for a few days.

Last point is the sound is really quite good for such a thin screen.

Let me know if anyone has any questions and I'll try and help out.

Hope this helps.

VF

2. Vulgar Fraction

Vulgar Fraction

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry - meant to post this in the lcd section...