1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC LT32DS6 or Sony KDL-V32A12U

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by benlonguk, Sep 2, 2005.

1. benlonguk

benlonguk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I was just about to hit buy now on the JVC but then Sony went and released their V series, which I really like the look of. But having read a the threads on here I think the Sony seems to have a few flaws which the JVC does not have. For example no VGA port on the Sony, doubts about whether the wega engine will benefit you at all and some comments about blurring.

I will be using it for TV from a Sky+ box and eventually a Sky HD box, DVD, an XBOX and this November (hopefully) a 360. So the VGA port is not a big thing but i have this nagging feeling that the JVC is better just doesn't look as good (in my opinion).

Has anyone seen both and if so how did they compare side by side? I have not been able to find both in one store.

Ben

2. markwm

markwm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When are the V series screens out?

I would have bought the JVC too, but it seems it's another flawed LCD considering it won't do 1:1 pixel mapping.

3. nogimmix

nogimmix
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Go for the JVC, I've got one and it's breathtaking. Will be doing the same as you and connecting SkyHD, DVD and Xbox360!!

At the moment got Sky+, DVD and Xbox (via component) and everything looks gorgeous, even tried some HD content via HDMI (from a PC DVI) and was amazing.

4. Caimbeul

Caimbeul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    The JVC is stunning through component (i have the 37") VGA is rubbish though.

Wayne what settings did you use to get the DVI>HDMI to work?