1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC LT26DS6 model number query

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Keithrtf, Aug 13, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Keithrtf

Keithrtf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone tell me the difference between the following JVC 26inch LCD models?:

JVC LT26DS6
    JVC LT26DS6B
    JVC LT26DS6BJ

JVC tells me to ignore any letters after the DS6 as there is no difference, but the first of these models appears to be quite a bit cheaper than the other two.

Hoping someone can enlighten me. Only the JVC LT26DS6B appears on the JVC website.

2. mattg

mattg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    what is the difference in price as I am quite interested in this model, but haven't found out much about it yet.
    Thanks,
    Matt.

3. msg

msg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    B is the colour of the bezel (some territories have an S version) and J has no consequence on specification (may relate to it being for UK sale) - AFAIK

4. Keithrtf

Keithrtf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To answer your question mattg, the first model (without the B or BJ) seems to be selling for under £900 online. The other two models are both over £1,000.

Why would the B and BJ models (both the same I gather) be more expensive and what is the advantage of a black bezel as opposed to the cheaper model (which looks exactly the same to me from any pictures I've seen)?

Keith

5. Keithrtf

Keithrtf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    JVC LT26DS6
    Still can't figure this one out

6. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    There's nothing to figure out - they're all the same TV. Some retailers don't bother with the full moniker - others do.
    There'd be some misconception from potential buyers that the BJ model, which looks the same and has identical specs - if they bothered to go to that trouble - being more expensive, must mean it's better.