1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC LT23D50: Anyone got one ?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Mr Sparkle, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Mr Sparkle

Mr Sparkle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Have been bitten (twice) by the Sonix 26" and maybe it was just a little too big for the bedroom.

The hunt is now on for a 23" with integrated digital tuner.....JVC, Toshiba seem to have something that meets the basic spec.

Does anybody have any experience with the JVC LT23D50.....aesthetically it looks good, has an iDT....any idea of optical performance ? response times etc.

TIA

Mr Sparkle

2. eddie_talbot

eddie_talbot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just ordered one of these for the bedroom and will be receiving it on Friday. :)

I'll report back here about it then, along with some photos hopefully.

3. Contact

Contact
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very nice little 23" LCD. Digital picture's quite clean, but looks great on DVD through Scart RGB or Component Progressive. Only area that might benefit would be the sound, which is a bit weak compared to a 26".

The 26" models are always where the spec jumps a bit, as 23" is still seen as a 'portable' size. So you don't get HDTV and the higher reaction rate. Honestly though, the screen size doesn't require it anyway.

4. eddie_talbot

eddie_talbot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I've received my set today, and I think it's a cracker!

Lovely picture and sound, perfect for my needs. First it looked a little big in the space that used to be occupied by my old 14" portable, but I think I'll get used to it.

One little thing that surprised me was that it also has an analogue tuner in addition to the digital one.

I'm a bit tired at the moment to post any photos etc but hopefully soon.

Very pleased with my purchase so far. Got it from Crampton and Moore if anyone was thinking of asking.

5. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,267
    If anyone else wants one of these, get it fast. They are now discontinued (along with the LT-17D50) and the few left in the shops are selling quickly.

6. eddie_talbot

eddie_talbot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    LOL, they haven't been out that long, have they ? Think you might be right though - I went to order mine originally from FutureHome and I knew last week it was on the website but then it disappeared...

What are they being replaced by ?

If I'm right in saying that the newer silver-framed models such as the LT-20DA6S are the replacements, then there isn't a 23" alternative and I don't like silver anyway...

7. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,267
    The main reason that smaller models such as the LT-17 and LT-23 are finishing early is the lack of panels from the panel manufacturers. They have put most of their production capacity into making the larger sizes.

The DA6 is the nearest match for both of them.