1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC LT23 - Help Please

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by cfpk, Feb 20, 2005.

1. cfpk

cfpk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a JVC LT23 and I am having problems with it.

1) The first problem is that the screen seems to have a number of lighter patches when the image is very dark.

2) The second problem is that, when connected to my NTL box, the picture flicks from colour to black and white.

This is, in fact, my second screen. I sent the first back because it also had lighter patches ruining dark scenes from video or DVD and, during very quiet scenes, the sound "pinked". When I returned the screen to the web supplier, the supplier could not replicate the problem but offered me another screen.

Before I get into another argument with the supplier, can anyone offer any advice to make sure it isn't something I am doing. The screen is connected to an NTL box via a good quality scart (EXT-1) and to my NAD DVD box via a cheap scart (EXT-2).

Cheers

Paul

2. cfpk

cfpk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For information: The black and white to colour flickering was solved by changing a setting on the NTL box. Under Visual Settings, I changed the feed from Composite to RGB. It cleaned up the picture as well.

The picture still suffers from pale shadows when the screen is near black. Does anyone else suffer from this on LCDs or the JVC in particular?