JVC LT17C50BJ 17" v DMTECH DML4117WD - Any difference?

eddievick

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, looking at buying either the JVC 17" or the DMTECH 17" with intergrated DVD same screen res 1280 x 768, 100Hz they look almost identical. both around £400 on empiredirect.

be interested to hear anyones, thoughts :lease:

night and day difference which you won't notice if you sit 4 meters away. the dm tech has the worst picture coorection i have ever seen. watch a news program and the anchor and you will notice. the picture correction can't be turned off during tv, but turns itself off during dvd. also: the image lag time is really bad with the dm tech: just watch tennis, just plain awful.

teh jvc is a nice tv set, except for the lack of dvi.

I ahve the DMTech and watched footy on it the other evening, and i think it looks fantastic, cant fault it at all. Well and truly happy with it

I have had my DMtech for a few weeks and have had no problems.

Well decided to go for DMTECH, as liked the idea of the DVD being integrated. And I hate tennis!

Tried the Handset hack last night but it wouldn't let me switch the region. as fellow owners have any of you done it? had any problems?

It's this one:
Hack for DMTech 3117 LCD Widescreen with built in DVD Player.
Press set up with no disc inserted.Go to preference.
Press 3 3 3 3 use right cursor to region change.
Select 0 for region free.
Press set up to EXIT. WALA region FREE..................................

I assume there isn't much difference bwtween the 3117 and the 4117 I bought?

Just for your info the hack also works on the 26" DMTech which is a great TV. Way better than my expectation. Can`t comment on the 17" but I`ve just ordered one following my experience of the 26". :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom