JVC LT-58CA810 & LT-32CA690 Android TV - Neither will play All4 programs.

Hi There,

I have two JVC Android Smart TVs of the same generation (I believe):
  1. JVC LT-58CA810 Android TV 58" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV with Google Assistant
  2. JVC LT-32CA690 Android TV 32" Smart HD Ready LED TV with Google Assistant
Both of which were bought from Curry's in the last 6 months and intended to be used in my guest room and kitchen.

They're both fully up to date, Android and all apps, but neither will play anything from All4/4od.

The app opens, I can browse, log in, select a TV shows, but when I attempt to play it I see the adverts, many many adverts, then once the adverts are done I get a grey screen.

I can see the show information, but the stream/content just doesn't start.

I have 2 other Samsung TVs in the house both which have the All4 app, and numerous android phones and tablets which work fine; all devices are on the same WiFi network without issue.

Has anyone else experienced this with JVC Android TVs? Seems kinda crazy. Other apps such a YouTube work fine.

Any advice much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG20220412192713.jpg
    IMG20220412192713.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 15

mikej

Are you on the latest firmware and have you tried a factory reset ? If so and the TVs are advertised as having Freeview Play and/or the All4 app, I would use that as an excuse to return them as 'not fit for purpose' and exchange them for TVs from a brand with a better reputation like Samsung or LG.

Are you on the latest firmware and have you tried a factory reset ? If so and the TVs are advertised as having Freeview Play and/or the All4 app, I would use that as an excuse to return them as 'not fit for purpose' and exchange them for TVs from a brand with a better reputation like Samsung or LG.
Hi Mike, I've updated the firmware on both TVs, and tried a factory reset.
I've had them both for over 6 months so it's a little late for a return unfortunately.

mikej

Hi Mike, I've updated the firmware on both TVs, and tried a factory reset.
I've had them both for over 6 months so it's a little late for a return unfortunately.
It sounds like you've tried all you can, then. It might also be worth trying both wired and wireless although, admittedly, that's probably clutching at straws !

As you've probably already discovered, JVC TVs are made pretty-much exclusively for Currys by a Turkish company called Vestel who will refer you to Currys for support. Have you tried contacting Currys about the problem ? I doubt they'll be much help (based on other, similar threads) but it's worth a shot.

My 'not fit for purpose' quote was from the Consumer Rights Act which states that the goods should be 'fit for the purpose they are supplied for, as well as any specific purpose you made known to the retailer before you agreed to buy the goods.' The goods must also be 'as described' which means that 'goods supplied must match any description given to you, or any models or samples shown to you at the time of purchase' but, as it's been over 6 months, 'you must give the retailer one opportunity to repair or replace it before you can claim a partial refund, and the burden of proof is on you to prove the product is faulty' so it's probably not worth the hassle considering the most likely outcome is a partial refund, as I doubt it's going to be something Currys can fix.

It's worth noting that it's Amazon Prime day coming up and their Fire TV Sticks are usually half-price, so you could probably solve the problem for around £20 per TV. This is obviously not an ideal solution, but it's at least another option.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom