JVC LT-55CF890 Fire TV Edition ???

vickster

Distinguished Member
Any good for what uses? It’s likely a rebadged TV from Vestel in Turkey. Probably no better or worse than any other sub £400 55” TV
It won’t be able to show 4K material / HDR material, if that’s a potential wish.
You’ll want to work out what sort of panel it has depending on your viewing environment

mikej

It all depends on what your expectations and needs are. JVC TVs are actually made by a company called Vestel (who also make TVs under the Hitachi, Bush and Toshiba brand names, amongst others) and are made to a budget, so you would have to set your expectations accordingly. For example - it may claim to have HDR, but don't expect a £360 55" TV to display HDR particularly well.

Personally, if I was in the market for a large-screen TV, I would probably stick with a brand who make their own TVs such as Samsung or LG and buy from a retailer with a better customer service reputation who include a free 5+ year warranty, which will be less hassle if you get issues. That may end up costing more though, so it depends on how tight your budget is.

kingtj

Thanks guys.
I'll hive that one a miss.
I'm thinking of going from a 50 inch (Hisense 50M3300) to a newer 55 inch.
Would love to try oled but can't really justify spending £1k+ in a TV.
Looking at the Hisense 55U7Q, hopefully it'll dip below £500.

Dodgexander

What you have really isn't far off what you can buy with your current budget. I'd hold out until you can afford something a bit more premium. Try to save up to reach HDR capable TVs in budget like the Hisense U8Q or Sony XH9505.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Hisense A7G, Zidoo Z1000 & Kudos Cardea C10 Reviews + Movie News and Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom