JVC LT-48C570 Service Menu or Firmware?

Ziggypoptastic

Novice Member
Hi All,

Been searching the net for the above and even called know-how tech advice line. I'm having an issue with the TV JVC LT-48C570 with the picture overscanning.
Does anyone know where i could obtain the firmware update or service menu code?

Thanks,

GaryB

Distinguished Member
These sets are sold by Currys under licence. They are probably the only source of service info.

chancooluk

Standard Member
Does the label on the back of the TV give any indication of who the manufacturer is, or where it was made? JVC are usually Vestel sets, but this doesn't appear to be.

Codar

Novice Member
I have same problem, as said these are sold by Curry's and PC World - only, the model not listed on JVC site, it's a badged model.

I have all the power lines up and 'hash free', Stby LED comes on then goes off, oddly it seems to pulse as to when it wants causing the speakers to click, back lights work OK on a LED tester.

I suspect a firmware fault but getting one is like rocking horse manure. I've tried UMC and such like and they refer me to..... Curry's and no chance of any help from them!

I know this is a 'oldish' post, reason for posting I've got the same telly.

Dave

Codar

Novice Member
It's one that I had given to me..... Curry's and PC World don't wanna be knowing, I can't say for other brands and models but this one is made soley for them.

When buying any 'telly's' or similar items you have to be very careful, they are not always what they say they are, UMC Slovenia sets I reckon always seem to suffer from Eprom corruption. Folkes think they are buying genuine JVC - they are not they are buying the badge, it's the same with other brands as well.

Dave

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom