JVC LT-40CF890 Fire TV Edition 40" help

frankie13

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi i cannot get any audio from the installed apps all i get is video thru my sony soundbar the htx3 just using arc from tv to arc on soundbar any ideas
thank you

Please clarify your connection. OK Soundbar is connected to HDMI (ARC) on TV. Is this correct. If so where is video through soundbar coming from?

Sorry I meant physical connection. How is FireTV connected. Is it app on TV or Firestick or is it built in to soundbar?

It looks like Fire TV is built into the TV on that model.

Have you got ARC to work with other content from the TV - eg. TV channels ? If not, then make sure that you use the correct HDMI socket on both your TV and soundbar (only one will be ARC-enabled - usually labelled) and you'll definitely need to go into the TV's settings and turn ARC on - if everything is connected OK, you should have an option to change from the TV's speakers to 'Home Cinema' (or something similar) and enabling HDMI-CEC (or whatever JVC call it) will allow control of the soundbar's volume using the TV remote.

If you have got ARC to work with the TV channels but not with the apps, then that sounds like a fault. I would try a factory reset of the TV, make sure you're on the latest firmware and that everything is set up correctly.

thanks tried all that the only way i can get it to work is by using a optical cable

Does your TV have any other audio outputs settings you can experiment with (bitstream, PCM etc) ? You will probably need to turn both your TV and soundbar off in-between making any changes.

Fire TV Sticks also have various different audio settings you can tweak, so check any audio settings withing your Fire TV menu.

No, I don't think so - your soundbar isn't that old and seems to support all but the very latest formats (eg. Atmos, but then your TV doesn't either so that isn't an issue).

You haven't mentioned if you can get sound via ARC working for anything else. eg. Freeview TV channels ?

I've never had a problem getting ARC to work but, it can be notoriously unreliable for some. You wouldn't be the first person to resort to an optical connection !

Bluetooth might be another option for you, although this can sometimes introduce a delay so a satisfactory result may depend on whether your soundbar has any options to deal with this (AVRs usually do - not sure about soundbars)

Deleted (double post)

no sound via arc on any settings so ive just put sky and bluray in the tv,s hdmi,s and connect both via optical

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom