1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jvc Lt-37ds6

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by kingsize, Aug 5, 2005.

1. kingsize

kingsize

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Just saw this in the local showromm with a hi def feed...

Absolutley stunning - no blur, jaggies, rich in detail and colour, and a nice looking set - seems to feature nice deep blacks

Guy suggested he could do it for £1750.00.

Has anyone any opinions on this TV? I am presently considering a Panasonic 37PV500 plasma, but am worried about screen burn on XBOX etc...

Thanks.

2. Andy3

Andy3
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Hi Kingsize - the JVC DS6 series seems to be getting good reviews. We have a 26" DS6, and it's excellent. The blacks are as good as I've ever seen on an LCD, and the amount of detail - even on standard def - is very good. A rock-steady image, natural colours and no lag. HD ready an' all that, with HDMI, d-sub, component, two RGB scarts and a composite input. Built-in Freeview and analogue UHF tuners... :thumbsup:

3. DJT75

DJT75
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,577
    I just saw of these at my local HiSpek but they were quoting £2,040 so you'ev got a good deal. Lovely looking machine but still noticed that movement blur you get on all 37" LCDs from a standard freeview feed....

I'd love an LCD above a plasma purely for the size but haven't yet found one in 37" that is 100% satisfying to the eye picture-wise

4. DJT75

DJT75
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,577
    ps. I'm waiting to see the new Sharps in September now

5. Ozzpot

Ozzpot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Everyone is waxing lyrical about the 32" DS6 too. It seems to have derailed several threads in this forum. It has all the features you could want (except a DVI input apparently - but I don't know if that applies to the 37").

It seems particularly good for gaming, having a very low response rate, good crisp picture and good contrast, especially compared to the Hitachi for example. My 32" DS6 is arriving tomorrow!! :)

So it would seem the whole range is great, and you certainly wouldn't be disappointed to say the least if you went for this wonderful TV. :)

6. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only thing that put me off this TV is the crap PC modes.

It cant display a PC picture at the correct ratio, it spreads it over the screen.

Big mistake JVC !!!!!

7. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    How come?
    Is it a TV or a PC monitor first and foremost?
    It'll happily do 1280x768 - so what if it stretches the screen horizontally a tad - at 10+ feet from it, do you believe those extra pixels stretched makes the difference between enjoyment and disappointment?
    Frankly, there's far too much talk about 1:1 mapping for PC use - it's a television that HAPPENS to accomodate a PC signal, not a PC monitor that shows TV images!
    If you think in those terms, then you'll be less disappointed as a result.
    And I'll bet most (if not all) of those even mentioning pixel stretch with a PC connection, haven't even tried it first hand to see how it looks from a typical/proper viewing distance!

8. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    According to the JVC manual it can only do 1024x768, The point is I want my digital pics, videos etc to be diplayed at the correct ratio.

My currant 30" Sharp is my PC monitor, Games TV and Home cinema TV. I use the PC quite alot, thats why the JVC put me off.

You obviously have not seen a Big LCD running HI-DEF PC demos with 1:1 mapping, its very impressive.

I only have to wait another few weeks for the new Sharp range, same sort of price but no compromising on picture quality and features.

9. jriihi

jriihi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have owners tested with powerstrip that it only support 1024x768 max?

10. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,267
    None of them have DVI but they all have HDMI.